iPad Pro 9.7 Smart Keyboard Display Angle Problem

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by jazz1, Apr 6, 2016.

1. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

I just received this today, and I'm following the instructional booklet's diagram on how to fold the keyboard back behind the IPP 9.7. The resulting angle is so upright it really isn't very viewable even on a desk, until I get back at arms length. The viewing angle is much better when the keyboard unfolded and ready to use. Typing on the touch screen is difficult in the upright position.

Is anyone else having this experience. Maybe I just can't read the diagram correctly?

2. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

My Smart Keyboard is the exact same way. It's almost like they did not include enough fabric to cover the "wraparound" that you need to accomplish to put it in "Watch" mode.

3. jazz1 thread starter macrumors 65816

jazz1

I really hate to have to carry the plain (non-Keyboard) Smart cover so I can get a decent upright viewing angle for desk work or air travel. I really wanted to avoid deploying the keyboard cover on the small airline tray tables. I know, fly first class ;)

4. catalyst07 macrumors member

5. ianfann macrumors 6502

I hate it that the Smart Keyboard only allows the iPad to be propped up at one angle and at one orientation. Sometimes I just want to do things the improper way and this keyboard just doesn't allow that. Bad Apple guys, bad apple....

6. jazz1 thread starter macrumors 65816

jazz1

Or sit on the floor ;) That advice may work in an office chair. But no where else where I use it. The plane ride here didn't work at all when trying to use the iPad 9.7 w/Smart Keyboard.

7. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

Main reason I didn't buy it as the angle the iPad sits at when you are using the keyboard is way off in my opinion.