Wackery

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
Has anyone experienced 'the bend' with their new iPad Pro 9.7? Now that we know that it's incredibly easy to bend.

Loveandterror

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2013
UK
If I chose not to have a case for it, and this is not the smartest decision in the first place,
and if you plan to leave the house with it, where there's lots of rough surfaces, after one fall, I'd get one.
This guy drops it to the ground a few times and bends it fairly hard. Him saying that it's easy as butter is a blatant lie I'm sure.

Yes, it's prettier without a case, but it's not worth having to worry about a fall at all times. I don't like treating my devices like raw eggs.

Comment

HiItsMe

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
That was painful to watch. They should put the official Apple case and cover on a new one and do it again.

Reactions: jamesrick80
Comment

Cancelled
Oct 11, 2015
Question for everyone. Will AppleCare cover this kind of obvious destruction ?
They'll cover the presenter --

iu

Comment

sracer

macrumors G3
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Pretty dumb and not very informative. Obviously every drop weakens the structure and glass. If he wanted to REALLY do something differently, he should use a new iPad for each drop test.

Reactions: StPatty33
Comment

RadioGaGa1984

Suspended
May 23, 2015
Pretty typical topic on here lately. They come outta the woodwork after new releases it seems.

Comment

Wackery

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
To all the doubters, it's described as being 'easy as butter', let's just say I have apple care+...

Reactions: Lobwedgephil
Comment

StPatty33

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
Colorado
This is completely stupid. Oh, a really thin big futuristic piece of advanced technology will bend if you purposely try to? Color me surprised. Newsflash: other things in the world get ruined when you specifically try to ruin them also. Cram a slice of bologna in your blu-ray player, see how that works, eh.

Comment

Wackery

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
This is completely stupid. Oh, a really thin big futuristic piece of advanced technology will bend if you purposely try to? Color me surprised. Newsflash: other things in the world get ruined when you specifically try to ruin them also. Cram a slice of bologna in your blu-ray player, see how that works, eh.
The bend test represents how well a device will perform over time. Of course all this force won't be exerted all at once under normal circumstances, but it points to long term reliability.

Apple mitigated 'the bend' with the iPhone 6s after noticing the criticism of the iPhone 6 by using higher quality aluminum (typical apple aluminum is described as being pop can quality grade), but it seems they havent' done the same with the iPads.

Reactions: g75d3
Comment

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2011
So somebody purposely tried to bend an iPad and it bent. How stupid is this?

The bend test represents how well a device will perform over time. Of course all this force won't be exerted all at once under normal circumstances, but it points to long term reliability.

No it's stupid. Like all these YouTube videos just looking for hits.

Comment

seadragon

Contributor
Mar 10, 2009
I have an iPhone 6 Plus which was the subject of these crazy bending videos for a while. It's as straight as the day I inboxed it over a year ago and it's in my pocket every day.

I could probably take my wallet and rip it apart with my bare hands if I wanted to, but I won't.

Comment

Wackery

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
I have an iPhone 6 Plus which was the subject of these crazy bending videos for a while. It's as straight as the day I inboxed it over a year ago and it's in my pocket every day.

I could probably take my wallet and rip it apart with my bare hands if I wanted to, but I won't.
If this was a IPhone 6s you couldn't

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.