ipad pro 9.7 vs 13.2 - specifically tab refresh + memory

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gagaliya, Apr 4, 2016.

1. gagaliya macrumors 6502

hi guys, have a very specific question regarding the browser tab refresh between the 9.7 vs 13.2

Since the 13.2 has 4GB vs 9.7's 2GB. For those of you using it, does it stop browser tab to auto refresh the webpages when you switch back/forth?

I prefer the 9.7 size, but apple as usual, has to make the decision difficult by halving the memory in the 9.7 version (why!! i would paid $50 extra in a heartbeat for 4GB).

I am just trying to figure out if having 2GB extra will solve my issues with browser tab refreshing, and other real world advantages it will provide.

In term of price they are almost the same in aftermarket, so that's not a big factor.

2. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

You don't say which iPad you currently have experience with, but assuming it's not an Air 2, then the 9.7 Pro with 2GB provides a reasonable level of protection against tab refresh. The 4GB will be better, but realize that in iOS there is NO guarantee that tabs won't refresh. It's part of the OS design, and I've seen tabs refresh many times when memory should not be particularly low.

3. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

The 2 GB in the Air 2 solved tab reloading problems for many users, but since I don't know what you are coming from, hard to say. Btw, there is no 13.2, it is 12.9. I personally haven't had an issue with tab reloading since the Air 2. but I only use about 8-10 pages at a time.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Same here. I have the Air2 and Pro 12.9. The Pro hangs onto tabs slightly better, but it's not like I had problems with the Air2.

5. stulaw11 macrumors 65816

I posted a poll thread the other day and the vast majority of people dont go over 10 tabs so you are unlikely is average usage to see lots of refreshes even on 2gb.

It's really a non-issue except the small percent of people who refuse to close tabs for some reason, or just want to prove something about 2gb of RAM going outside their normal usage habits.