Ipad pro 9.7 vs ipad air 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by themetnut, Jun 2, 2016.

1. themetnut macrumors member

I'm just curious as to which tablet has the better battery life? I'm trying to choose between the two.. I also have a student coupon from Best Buy that will bring the price down so that the 64gb air 2 is the same price as the pro 9.7. What are your guys thoughts?

2. jmeas macrumors regular

jmeas

I think they're about the same battery life.

If you want to use the pencil and keyboard, then get the pro. Otherwise, the Air2 will be perfect for your needs, I think.

3. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

The battery life should be very similar in both, though the Pro might get a little better battery life due to the screen being less reflective, not requiring the brightness to be as high, therefore obviously using less power.

4. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

5. bodonnell202 macrumors 6502a

bodonnell202

Battery life should be fairly comparable between the two. Can you explain the coupon? The discount brings the price of the 32 GB 9.7 Pro down to the price of a 64 GB Air 2? If 32 GB is enough storage for you I'd go for the Pro.

6. themetnut thread starter macrumors member

Sure, it's a Best Buy student coupon. I actually have one for $100 off any ipad pro, and i also have a $50 off AppleCare coupon as well.

7. Tsepz macrumors 65816

Tsepz

As much as I am loving my iPad Air 2 LTE 64GB, I'd say get the newer one, if you can deal with 32GB storage, personally I'd try spend extra and go 128GB.