• wifi

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • wifi / LTE

Votes: 18 50.0%

• Total voters

jpiszcz

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2010
Which version are those who are getting the iPad Pro 9.7 the wifi or LTE version
I've always gone with Wifi but looking at this post: $10 for 5GB for 5 months, hmm, tempting?
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ipad-pro-with-at-t-next.1934140/page-14#post-22311731

I was just going to post a similar thread, you beat me to it john
[doublepost=1458769804][/doublepost]Is anyone using a Cellular iPad with either this plan or something similar? Where you leave it off most of the time, unless you use it and not charged for it on a monthly basis?

harrypham

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2014
SA, Texas
What about iPad Pro 12.9? Wifi Only or Cellular?
I got a 128GB Wifi Only from bestbuy for $865 n, but I am thinking about returning it to bestbuy then purchase a Cellular from Bhphoto for $949 without tax.

Is Cellular necessary for iPad Pro 12.9?
I still have my iPad Air 2 128GB LTE.

KylePowers

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2011
Eh, iPad is more of a 'at home' device for me. WiFi is fine. For times I take it out and about, and can't find WiFi, hotspotting my phone is fine

Reactions: CaptMarvel

nightlong

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Australia
All my iPads have been cellular until the iPad Pro 12.9 .... I chose wifi only for this as it is mostly for home use and I still have 2 cellular iPads for outside use. But, if the iPad Pro was my only iPad would definitely be cellular.

tekchic

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Every single iPad I've purchased has been with 3G/LTE. It's something that goes everywhere with me, especially traveling, and replaces a laptop on trips (unless it's a work trip). To me it's worth the extra $129.

The past few years I just use the T-Mobile free 200mb for life plan, that way I have access when I need it on the road. If I need more for a trip, I can purchase it.

It's handy to have if you travel with an iPad. If it's your stay-at-home device, you could probably skip it.

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Every single iPad I've purchased has been with 3G/LTE. It's something that goes everywhere with me, especially traveling, and replaces a laptop on trips (unless it's a work trip). To me it's worth the extra $129.

The past few years I just use the T-Mobile free 200mb for life plan, that way I have access when I need it on the road. If I need more for a trip, I can purchase it.

It's handy to have if you travel with an iPad. If it's your stay-at-home device, you could probably skip it.
This is what I do too. I always have a cellular connection that's free, and if nothing else, permits me to find the iPad with Find My IPhone. I only have to buy extra data when I go on a trip. The cellular version also comes with GPS so the Maps app is much more useful.

Reactions: jeremiah256

Mr.C

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Eh, iPad is more of a 'at home' device for me. WiFi is fine. For times I take it out and about, and can't find WiFi, hotspotting my phone is fine
It's not just about internet access though. The Wi-Fi Plus Cellular models also include GPS hardware which helps a lot in location services when out and about.

jpiszcz

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2010
Same here, I don't take my iPad out any about hardly at all, and if I do, I can use my phone as a hotspot. Went with the Wi-Fi model.

KylePowers

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2011
It's not just about internet access though. The Wi-Fi Plus Cellular models also include GPS hardware which helps a lot in location services when out and about.
That's valid. Not important to myself however, as again, it's more a 'at home' device for me.

Would be cool if the iPhone hotspot fed the iPad its GPS data for location services though.

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
Wifi only depends on electricity. When a storm knock you power out, it is certainly a good thing to have a battery operated device with LTE that can connect to the outside world and news in your area.

Reactions: rui no onna
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.