iPad Pro 9.7 wifi or wifi LTE

Discussion in 'iPad' started by john991, Mar 23, 2016.

?

iPad Pro 9.7 wifi or wifi LTE

1. wifi

18 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. wifi / LTE

18 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. john991 macrumors 6502a

Which version are those who are getting the iPad Pro 9.7 the wifi or LTE version

2. jpiszcz macrumors regular

I've always gone with Wifi but looking at this post: $10 for 5GB for 5 months, hmm, tempting?
    http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ipad-pro-with-at-t-next.1934140/page-14#post-22311731

I was just going to post a similar thread, you beat me to it john
    --- Post Merged, Mar 23, 2016 ---
    Is anyone using a Cellular iPad with either this plan or something similar? Where you leave it off most of the time, unless you use it and not charged for it on a monthly basis?

3. john991 thread starter macrumors 6502a

But for me it's an extra $180 Canadian for the wifi / LTE version. :(

4. harrypham macrumors member

What about iPad Pro 12.9? Wifi Only or Cellular?
    I got a 128GB Wifi Only from bestbuy for $865 n, but I am thinking about returning it to bestbuy then purchase a Cellular from Bhphoto for $949 without tax.

Is Cellular necessary for iPad Pro 12.9?
    I still have my iPad Air 2 128GB LTE.

5. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

Eh, iPad is more of a 'at home' device for me. WiFi is fine. For times I take it out and about, and can't find WiFi, hotspotting my phone is fine

6. nightlong macrumors 6502a

nightlong

All my iPads have been cellular until the iPad Pro 12.9 .... I chose wifi only for this as it is mostly for home use and I still have 2 cellular iPads for outside use. But, if the iPad Pro was my only iPad would definitely be cellular.

7. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

I have always gotten and always will get LTE on all my iPads. It makes for a much more useful device.

8. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Every single iPad I've purchased has been with 3G/LTE. It's something that goes everywhere with me, especially traveling, and replaces a laptop on trips (unless it's a work trip). To me it's worth the extra $129.

The past few years I just use the T-Mobile free 200mb for life plan, that way I have access when I need it on the road. If I need more for a trip, I can purchase it.

It's handy to have if you travel with an iPad. If it's your stay-at-home device, you could probably skip it.

9. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

This is what I do too. I always have a cellular connection that's free, and if nothing else, permits me to find the iPad with Find My IPhone. I only have to buy extra data when I go on a trip. The cellular version also comes with GPS so the Maps app is much more useful.

10. Mr.C macrumors 601

It's not just about internet access though. The Wi-Fi Plus Cellular models also include GPS hardware which helps a lot in location services when out and about.

11. jpiszcz macrumors regular

Same here, I don't take my iPad out any about hardly at all, and if I do, I can use my phone as a hotspot. Went with the Wi-Fi model.

12. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

That's valid. Not important to myself however, as again, it's more a 'at home' device for me.

Would be cool if the iPhone hotspot fed the iPad its GPS data for location services though.

13. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

Wifi only depends on electricity. When a storm knock you power out, it is certainly a good thing to have a battery operated device with LTE that can connect to the outside world and news in your area.