iPad Pro 9.7 X-Factor

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TheRealAlex, Mar 27, 2016.

1. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

I did not know this Until today. That for devices under 10 Inches Full Microsoft Office is Free
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/2900...will-be-free-for-screens-under-10-inches.html

Now. this is a game changer, If I can have my secure Federal employee Exchange email and Full Outlook and Excel and Word. Heck even Powerpoint sorry thats what Feds have to use. This is astounding. And frankly a real kick in the you know where for the "Pro" 12.9 inch crowd.

I guess Microsoft never envisioned devices smaller than 10 inches being so Powerful and people willing do do work on them.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I've known this since before I got my 12.9. I still got the 12.9 anyway. I guess I'm one of the people who find 9.7 too small to do heavy duty productivity tasks on a regular basis, and the newly added features of the 9.7 Pro don't convince me otherwise. My iPads, from first gen to Air2, were good to have in a pinch when I needed to get urgent work done quickly, but for my regular work, I always went to MBA or iMac. And it's the bigger screen of the 12.9 iPP that changed that -- if an iPad had the innards of an first gen iPad with a 12.9 screen, I bet I could work more easily on that device than the 9.7 iPP.

However, since I hate the subscription model of paying for software, I'm sticking with iWorks.