Ipad pro 9.7

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ShubhamBhatia, May 2, 2016.

1. ShubhamBhatia macrumors member

Thinking about getting my first ipad. I have my mac and iphones working fine. Huge apple fan but never bought an ipad. I really don't know why. I have some doubts in my mind.

Ipad 9.7 has pro screen, to use apple pencil but not 3D touch.
    Pro screen doesn't support taptic engine or what ? Even se doesnt have 3d touch. 3d touch gonna die ?? Or I should wait for ipad pro 2 9.7 ??

Should i buy apple pencil ? Is it useful ?

Even should i have an ipad ? Sometimes it feels like i must have one. But not sure it fulfils what kind of needs ?

I am an MBA student. It might help me preparing ppt on the go. And ?? Please help me out.

2. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

Taptic engine is not on the screen. My guess is that the 3D Touch technology is still not yet reliable enough on large screen.
    The SE doesn't have 3D Touch because it is a low cost product.
    You can always wait for the next version. The problem is whether the current version fulfills your needs.
    Apple Pencil is useful if you like to draw or write on the iPad.
    Nobody "must" have any Apple devices if these devices are not useful to them. You should ask yourself whether you would prefer an iOS device with larger screen and split screen multitasking. If you prepare PowerPoint presentation or Excel spreadsheets on the go, the iPad is quite nice for such quick edits. But you need to compare the feature differences between the PC/Mac version of Office vs. the one on the iPad.

3. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

There are several other threads asking the same question. You might want to look at the answers already offered.