Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applepizzaz4u

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
I'm wondering if this is part of why the Ipad Pro has a warmer or yellowish type display....at least on mine. On my Air 2 there seems to be a bluish tint when I have a light shining down on it and I was assuming that was the anti-reflective coating. On the Ipad Pro there isn't that same type of tint. In fact it doesn't seem like it minimizes the glare as much as the Air 2 did. Anyone else have both an Air 2 and Ipad Pro that can test this out too?

I should add that my Air 2 has brighter whites than the Pro. Not sure if the bluish tint on it is the reason why.

Last edited by a moderator:

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013
I'm wondering if this is part of why the Ipad Pro has a warmer or yellowish type display....at least on mine. On my Air 2 there seems to be a bluish tint when I have a light shining down on it and I was assuming that was the anti-reflective coating. On the Ipad Pro there isn't that same type of tint. In fact it doesn't seem like it minimizes the glare as much as the Air 2 did. Anyone else have both an Air 2 and Ipad Pro that can test this out too?

I should add that my Air 2 has brighter whites than the Pro. Not sure if the bluish tint on it is the reason why.

Not sure, but I notice the bluish tint too. When the screen is off it also seems blue-er than my other idevice screens.

Reactions: tarasis
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.