iPad Pro battery issue?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jsmith189, Aug 10, 2016.

1. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

jsmith189

Not sure if this is actually a problem or if it's just standard, but I was googling it earlier and came across this article so wanted to see if mine has the same problem as his original iPad Pro. http://betanews.com/2016/02/15/ipad-pros-fatal-flaw-fifth-in-a-series/

Basically, my iPad Pro (12 inch) doesn't really increase in battery percentage when being charged and used at the same time. It'll remain steady but won't increase. If I have the keyboard attached, it'll either remain or slowly decrease. I'm using the USB and wall adapter that came with it. If I try to charge via USB/MacBook it'll just keep decreasing. Is this regular? I was slightly disappointed when first using it because they wanted to sell it as the computer replacement, but if it's not plugged in I could completely deplete it in 2-4 hours easily.

Just wanted to hear experiences, and if this isn't the norm I might take it back and see if I can get a replacement.

2. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

Yeah that is terrible make sure you invest in the Fast Charger.

3. appleish19 macrumors regular

appleish19

That's been the norm for me as well. I'm looking at getting the USB 29W fast charger. Otherwise I'll just leave it to charge overnight.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Normal. It is telling you that the device is using the battery at the same rate as you are charging it. Drives some crazy but I always charge at night while sleeping so it does not matter to me.

5. Precursor macrumors 6502a

Precursor

depends on what you do really. Mine still charges while watching netflix

6. Kyle4 macrumors 6502

7. Cole Slaw macrumors 6502a

Cole Slaw

As others have said, get yourself the rMB charger.
    I have to say, it was very cheap on Apple's part not including a proper charger for such an expensive device.

8. BoneHead001 macrumors 6502

I totally agree. Why ship an under-powered charger with the 12.9 iPP when you can include a proper 29W charger instead?

9. Cole Slaw macrumors 6502a

Cole Slaw

Yes, the wife had a 12.9" iPad Pro and the rMB 29W charger made a BIG difference in charging time. Would definitely recommend getting one of those with the big iPad (though as mentioned, Apple really should have supplied that as standard charger).

10. BoneHead001 macrumors 6502

I ordered my 29W charger and 2 meter USB-C to Lightning cable today. It is a shame I had to purchase these items separately.

11. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

12. BoneHead001 macrumors 6502

13. BoneHead001 macrumors 6502

I just received my 29W charger and 2 meter USB-C to Lightning cable — it works great. The charge is much faster.