iPad Pro iPad Pro "bumperish" case?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macbook123, Dec 30, 2015.

1. macbook123 macrumors 68000

I'm looking for a case like the "bumper case" for the iPhone 4. Something that doesn't add overall thickness to the device, but just around the corners where it matters in case of a drop. I imagine that would also make it easier to hold the Pro. Thanks.

2. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

Apple has one. Have it on my IPP right now. Not as many color choices as the iPhones or iPads though.

3. malandra macrumors regular

4. mbp17xxx macrumors regular

5. macbook123 thread starter macrumors 68000

I bought it but will be returning it as it is very heavy. The problem really is the large surface area of the tablet, and case makers insistence on covering the back of the device.

6. malandra macrumors regular

Great point--there is absolutely no reason the back plate needs to be solid. Bumpers and some sort of web or grid on the back would be great in terms of both weight and protection.

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I too, want a bumper for my iPad Pro. The edges are kind of sharp and my hands hurt after a while. Have this problem with all the iPads, and the MacBooks as well.

8. macbook123 thread starter macrumors 68000

I'm going to go as far as to say that for me this device is not useful without a bumper or at least vastly lighter minimal case. It's really slippery without a case and too fragile.