iPad Pro Camera Connection Kit

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dhrupalp, Nov 20, 2015.

1. dhrupalp macrumors newbie

Has anybody tried to plug in a USB card reader into the iPad Pro and have been able to successfully transfer photos from CF and SD cards. I know that the iPad Air 2 says two much power required. If anybody can check this is would be great.

2. HelloMikee macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

The Lightning to SD kit works fine. Not sure how you'd plug in a USB card reader into any iPad though?

3. gteska macrumors member

Just tried it. Still says "Requires too much power." :(

4. dhrupalp thread starter macrumors newbie

Apple sells a specific lightning to USB adapter.

Attached Files:

5. HelloMikee macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

Oh cool. Had no idea.

6. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

What card reader did you use? I have the USB camera connection kit and it worked fine for my SD card reader (a cheap green and black transcend multiple format reader.) I've only tested SDXC cards as I don't have anything that uses CF.

Though I will note it was painfully slow. As in I could have pulled out my laptop, put in the card, imported the footage and started editing before the iPad finished importing - slow.

I'm really hoping they have some USB 3 level devices coming since the iPad Pro does have a USB 3 port...it really needs them.

7. dhrupalp thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a Lexar USB 3.0 card reader..

8. TurboPGT! macrumors 68000

The most misunderstood adapter ever made.

9. HaukeHauke macrumors newbie

HaukeHauke

10. gteska macrumors member

I have the USB camera connection kit, and as with other iOS devices the iPad Pro can read SD cards with it, but not Compact Flash cards.

11. dyt1983 macrumors 65816

I used a powered USB hub between the reader and the connection kit but it was too much wiring for my taste, so I ended up ditching all my CF cards and using SD to CF adapters in my cameras, so I can just use the SD reader. Luckily all my cameras that take CF cards use Type II.

12. gottafly macrumors regular

One of the Smart Connector Keyboard manufacturers need to make a keyboard with an SD slot built-in for tansferring photos over/through the Smart Connector. Just sayin'