iPad Pro Case and Protector

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by salmankhan, Dec 13, 2015.

1. salmankhan macrumors member

salmankhan

As the title states who is using their ipad pros with/without any glass screen protector and back protector.
    I couldnt find any glass protector nor i am intending to use one but i have been using the smart cover by apple

2. aw3524 macrumors member

Never do -- but I haven't ever damaged a device severely enough to feel like using one is necessary. I use the Smart Keyboard Cover on the go and often just the naked iPad at home.

3. lykbutta macrumors newbie

I had the ipad 4 in the otter box case since day 1.

I sold it and got the iPad Pro. I just have the Smart Cover on when I take it to work, and use it naked at home. Full carpet and no kids ……I'm thinking I'll be ok. I can't even imagine a case like an Otterbox for this thing. It would be crazy.

4. salmankhan thread starter macrumors member

salmankhan

This^ Exactly. Its such a gigantic device putting it in an otterbox case or any case will increase the bulk and the weight. like you all mentioned i am using it with apple smart cover and naked at home. all carpet and persian rugs in my home so no fear at all and yes no children at my place

5. Marshall73 macrumors 6502a

Marshall73

Silicon case and Smart Cover. Allows me to add the keyboard in future if I want. Although I have never used a physical keyboard with any previous iPad so doubt I will ever use one with the pro.

6. craftEcowgirl macrumors member

Ordered these, and plan to have glass screen protector put on at BestBuy. I have Zoogue case for my ipad mini 4 and best case I have ever found, hold at all angles and doesnt fall or move from position

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

I got a tempered glass from Xtreme Guard, and a hard plastic back cover from eBay.
    My intention is to add minimal bulk, while avoiding to flip open/close a Smart Cover over and over again daily.

While it's not as strong as an Armor Case, this combo is strong enough to withstand anything except a drop, an it is a lot lighter and thinner.

8. bufffilm, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015

bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

There are glass protectors out there (google it) but the iPad Pro has such a large display that it would be quite difficult I think to put a glass protector on it correctly without dust/etc getting underneath.

would be interesting to know how many iPad Pro owners have a glass protector or film on theirs.

9. jamesrick80 Suspended

jamesrick80

I'm sorry but I wish Apple had changed the design of the iPad pro since it's so big. The typical iPad design for this device does not look as sleek as the smaller devices although the display is gorgeous. Something more similar to the pixel c or surface but thinner would have been better looking (there needs to also be a slot built in for the Apple pencil). Also, cases like the one above will make the iPad pro seem like a piece of luggage you're carrying around lol.

10. RevTEG macrumors regular

RevTEG

Bought my glass screen protector from Best Buy. Was pricey (opinion only) but worth it. Best Buy did an excellent job on the install.

I use a cheap slim "case" that covers the back that I bought off Amazon for $9.99. The size of the pro took me a couple weeks to get used to while traveling. I just felt like I needed the extra protection since my work has me living on the road or in the air.

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I picked up a glass screen protector from Amazon for €15 and it does the job well.

Ordered an Apple 'smart-case' copy from China on eBay for €22 - looks identical to the one I paid €69 to Apple for on my iPad Air 2

Now I just want my apple pencil ... come on Apple get your 5-hit together !!!

12. Nausicaa macrumors 6502a

I got a cheap Moko "smart case" imitation on Amazon for $15. It's sturdy and nice enough, although not nearly as nice as the leather cases Apple used to have for the Air. The backside of the front cover is the weakest part and feels cheap, but otherwise it's a thin case and it works really well as a stand which is all I wanted. It's a thin, light case, but I'm surprised how much heft and weight it still adds to the Pro. The weight by itself is really the upper end of what's comfortable to hold I've noticed, and any case kind of pushes it over the edge. I can't imagine the keyboard case or something like that and how much heavier it must feel.

I already had a small scratch on the back of my Pro despite being super careful so I had to get a case. I feel much better just chucking it in my bag or setting it up now.

13. lykbutta macrumors newbie

Welp.

i had originally stated i didn't want a silicone case. I had the Smart Cover when I took it out and about and naked at home. Well today at worke I nearly dropped it and got nervous about scratches on the back because I want my expensive technology primo!!!

I stopped into Best Buy today for a video game and saw they had the silicone case for the Pro an open box buy for $65. I took the plunge and I'm VERY satisfied.

I have a boy who bought the Pro, and he's tried 3 cases off Amazon that just don't feel or seem right. Yes with the Smart Cover and silicone case from Apple I dropped $130 (open box buy and company Apple discount on Smart Cover) but I felt I'm not playing that "hit or miss" game. My friend has paid $45 overall in cases that are just off. I just said for an extra few dollars for an $1100 device it's worth it.

14. craftEcowgirl macrumors member

Pencil work well with screen protector? Also price on protector and install?

15. craftEcowgirl macrumors member

Love Zoogue case! But Procase didnt fit it :( so sending Procase back unless anyone wanna buy it?

16. craftEcowgirl macrumors member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Mike B in ok macrumors member

Mike B in ok

I never use glass screen protectors on anything. Tried it on my phone twice and didn't like it. On the other hand, second only to Apple's obsession with unnecessary thinness is their obsession with creating sleek shiny devices that I can't hold onto (I have a theory that they developed a special slippery coating under two secret projects code-named "greased pig" and "butterfingers"). So I always buy a TPU or similar case to add grip-ability with minimal bulk. I've been satisfied with this one, which is inexpensive as iThings go:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0167G90D8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

Of course the Otterbox Defender is now out for the IPP, and available at 25% off for a limited time:

http://www.otterbox.com/en-us/ipad-...pro.html?dwvar_apl2-ipad-pro_color=20#start=1

18. wongja macrumors newbie

i am using Tunewear Egg Shell and a glass protecot with my ipp, and a smart cover together.

19. Performa460 macrumors newbie

Performa460

The very thought of using no cover or screen protector makes me hyperventilate.

Those of you who can go without are SO brave. I have a film screen protector; didn't want to go with glass for the iPP.

20. craftEcowgirl macrumors member

Zagg glass protecter works great with pencil!!

21. artfossil macrumors 6502

artfossil

How is not having a screen protector "brave"?

I can't abide having a screen protector and I've done just fine without one on my iPad 2, iPad 4 and iPad Air 2 and my iPhones. Plus, I have AppleCare+.

I'm hardly "brave."

22. jamesrick80, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2015

jamesrick80 Suspended

jamesrick80

Never needed a screen protector for any of my ipads...cases are fine enough

23. hamiltonrwatch macrumors regular

hamiltonrwatch

I bought one of these on Amazon; very well made for the money. I waiting for a custom order from Piel Frama; they do beautiful leathers.

ipad_air_2_cases_1.jpg

24. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

I wouldn't bother with a screen protector. You have to seriously abuse these high tech glass screens to hurt them. I do use a back protector because I like to keep it from being scratched for better resale value and also I just feel less anxious setting it down on random tables and such if it's covered.

So currently I'm using the brand new Coverbuddy for iPad Pro that started shipping a few days ago. And of course, i use the Apple keyboard cover along with it.

25. jamesrick80 Suspended

jamesrick80

Nice my cover buddy will be here monday.