iPad Pro colors

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jquest68, Jun 14, 2017.

1. jquest68 macrumors member

jquest68

I was wondering why didn't Apple come out with a flat black like the iPhone 7? not the glossy one. I've seen a mock up of the flat black one and it really looked nice. Will more colors come out?

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Space Gray has always been there main iPad Color, along with the other traditional colors. Matte black would have been a stellar color to match with the black border.

3. Rck1984 macrumors member

Rck1984

Perhaps after the iPhone 8, that's rumored to have an OLED screen. OLED will most likely be introduced to iPad as well, but after the iPhone. Imagine, the deep black of OLED combined with the deep matte/jet black finish. That will look awesome.

4. ljjycss macrumors member

ljjycss

Fan of the not so black variation of space gray (iPad Air 2/iPhone 6s space gray, not mbp/iPad Air space gray). Not as cold as silver and white combination, also brighter than matte black. Sad to see this color dropped from iPhone lineup.

5. jquest68 thread starter macrumors member

jquest68

if the iPad pro came out in black, man, that would've been awesome. They should have different colors for the pro line up.

6. ColdShadow macrumors 6502a

ColdShadow

I think they will eventually make matt black iPads.

for me tho,for some reason I always feel white bezels look nicer and more sophisticated on iPad than black.

I don't hold the same view on iPhone.
    I had white iPad Air,iPad Mini 2 and Black iPad Mini 4 and iPad Pro 9.7 and the black ones didn't feel exciting.

The back is a different story.

7. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I agree. However, most iPads will be used with cases and covers hiding the iPad color, which it's hard to appreciate the color when it's covered all the time.

8. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I agree, it's very odd that Apple chose not to release either the matte or jet black color which turned out to be so popular on the iPhone.

I would not be surprised if Apple releases a black iPad to boost sales during the middle or toward the end of the release cycle--or maybe during the holiday season. I would have pounced on a black iPad but settled for the boring space grey. I rationalize that I'll just cover it with a case anyway, though not one of the ridiculously priced leather sleeves Apple sells.

9. macduke Suspended

macduke

For all the people talking about Apple one day making a matte black iPad, they already did with the original iPad Mini. I have one as a test device at work. It looks pretty awesome but it’s more of a slate black like the iPhone 5. Disappointed they didn’t keep going with that, but I think a lot of people had issues with it scratching.

10. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Apple easily knew they could have expanded with a matte black or another form of black with the iPad Pro. As you stated, black also will bring scuffs and scratches. And unlike some iPhone owners, a large majority of iPad users use cases. It's really hard to appreciate a new color when the backplate is covered with a third-party or Apple OEM case.

11. simonmet macrumors 65816

simonmet

Maybe they'll release a red one?

That would make the colour choice harder though!

12. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

I would have purchased matte black in heartbeat. I love my jet black iP7+, but I can see where that color would be impractical for the iPPs, given the process to create the color and the scratch factor. As I was buying my Space Gray iPP, I found myself staring at the iP7 matte black and wanting the iPP in the color.

13. jaeb0922 macrumors 6502

jaeb0922

I just wanted to say LGM! Die hard fan here. That's all, carry on

14. macduke Suspended

macduke

I wish I could get an Apple OEM case! Still salty about that.

15. sunapple macrumors 65816

sunapple

I'd spend a hundred bucks extra on Jet Black.

They should just match the iPhone every year, but that would make the iPhones less special I guess.

16. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

This is my future set up. I plan on purchasing the 10.5 iPad and using that primarily as my portable device on the go, which I will attach a cover on too. Then I plan on purchasing a 12.9 iPad Pro and using that as a desktop with the smart keyboard.

When I do use the 12.9 as a desktop eventually, I would actually keep that case free and that's where I would really appreciate having a different color where I could appreciate it more as an actual desktop. Matte black would have been my choice where I could appreciate it more on a desk with a newer color. Space gray it is.