iPad Pro creaking?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Caris, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

On my new iPad pro if I push the screen with pretty light force, or on the rear shell in the centre about 1-2" about the Touch ID sensor I can hear hear a pretty bad creaking sound. Like the iPad is flexing and touching something inside.

Does anyone else's have this issue?

2. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

not enough glue probably. my ipad2 does this from day 1. never paid it much attention really. but, you're still in warrentee. get it changed if you think so.

3. SBruv macrumors 6502

I've got a light clicking sound when I do the same as reported by a few people in another thread. Very minor design fault, maybe?

4. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Same. Though I'm falling in love with the Pro enough that I barely care anymore. Remember, you have a holiday return period through Jan 8, so use now and exchange later if it really bothers you!!!

5. JoshVB macrumors regular

I have the exact same issue in the spot you indicated. If lightly press the screen in that area you can actually hear some air escaping via the charge port.

I was curious if the demo iPad Pro's at the Apple Store had the same issue.

6. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

I had a similar issue. When I press on any part of the back case, it clicks. I picked up another unit and it doesn't have that problem at all. Going to return the first one.

7. Mystro macrumors 6502

Mystro

8. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Got replacement from Apple, no more clicking.

9. JoshVB macrumors regular

Had my silver 128 replaced today as I was still in the 14 day return window. My new Pro does not have the issue. My first Pro had the issue in exactly the same spot as the original poster.

10. macrumorsuser10 macrumors 6502

Yes, I have a similar problem. Do you hear the creaking sound / tap / click at the red spots like I've shown?

ipad_pro_sound_2016_01_05.png

11. Marco123 macrumors 6502a

Just checked mine and it does it too.
    Might try an exchange tomorrow with the online store.

12. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

I know this is an old thread, I just want to add I bought the iPad Pro 128gb, and it does the air gushing thing if you press on the screen. I think this is normal since all the floor model at the store do this. Probably there's little support under it since it's filled with battery. Circuit is tiny on this.

Mine does creak if the iPad is picked up from sitting on table.
    I did get a replacement from the brown box. The replacement does not creak, but does gush air a bit. They all do this, so I think this is by design. Those who said theirs is solid, you probably not hearing it or not pressing the screen harder.

Do note that the replacement fixes the gesture issue that I was having. It was not doing 5 finger home gesture nor the swipe to switch app, I have about 30% success rate doing it. I thought I was doing it wrong, yet this is not my first iPad. With this replacement, 5 finger gesture is 100%. Something people with gesture issue should know.