iPad Pro developer screen size (points not pixels)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mattspace, Sep 9, 2015.

1. mattspace macrumors 6502

mattspace

Just curious if anyone knows an answer - both the Retina iPad and Retina Mini are virtual 1024x768 devices.

What's the deal with the Pro - are UI elements the same physical size as the normal Retina iPad, or larger / smaller?

2. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

That's a really good question. I use responsive elements in development now so I don't really think about virtual resolution since vector graphics scale to whatever size the screen is. Things that are pixel dependent such as photos and videos however would need some adjustment most likely.

3. mattspace thread starter macrumors 6502

mattspace

hmm, well it's the same ppi as the normal retina iPad, so I'll assume it's just more real estate, at the same UI element size.

4. mikeray, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2015

mikeray macrumors regular

5. Daku93 macrumors regular

No, it's not. That's not even a 4:3 aspect ratio. iPad Pro is 1024 by 1366 points. (In Portrait that is)

6. KALLT macrumors 601

The iPad Pro has the same pixel density and UI scaling factor (@2x), so the size of most icons and UI components is the same, but the surface is obviously larger. However, the iPad Pro does require larger app icons for the home screen (link). Otherwise, modern iOS applications compiled with size classes or universal layouts should work without modification.