iPad Pro disconnect/reconnect on Mac

Discussion in 'iPad' started by inhalexhale1, Sep 4, 2016.

1. inhalexhale1, Sep 4, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2016

inhalexhale1 macrumors 6502a

My iPad Pro 9.7 is rapidly disconnecting/reconnecting on my MBP. The happens with an official lightning cable from Apple. This does not happen when connected to an outlet. This is also not happening with my iPhone, so it's specific to the iPad. Any thoughts?

Update: Never mind, that wasn't a fix.

2. snowman1 macrumors regular

As is the case for you, this happened with my iPad Mini 2 but not my iPhone 6 (also using official lightning cable). At least for me, when the USB side of the lightning cable is plugged into the rMBP, it is angled slightly upward, making the connection not as stable (and for some reason, my iPad is a lot more sensitive to this than my phone). I solved this by pushing down on the head of the USB cable near where the wire of the cable enters the plastic square head (so that the head of the cable is roughly flat, instead of angled upwards).

Hope this helps!

3. inhalexhale1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the advice. I charged it to 100% via the wall charger, and since then the rapid disconnects haven't happened. If it does happen again, I'll take a video of it and bring it in to Apple, just in case it won't do it at their store.