iPad Pro Discount

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AntnyMikal, Oct 29, 2015.

1. AntnyMikal macrumors regular

Has anyone heard, know or have reason to believe that the iPad Pro will receive the education discount pricing option? I've searched the web and can't really find anything.

Looking at close to 1300$ w/ keyboard & pencil after tax w/o Apple care for the base model. That's steep.
    Also will the Apple Care cover the keyboard and pencil? Not that I expect anyone to actually know, just wondering if maybe I missed something.

After all said and done could be looking at 1500$. That discount would be nice.

Either way I will be getting one at launch, just might have to hold off on the keyboard, but def getting the pencil.

2. t1tan macrumors newbie

t1tan

I'm expecting the same $20 discount as the rest of the iPad line when I order mine.

3. iPadFan2010 macrumors newbie

iPadFan2010

I was looking too, not sure, I know the other iPads, Airs, Minis, have them. So I wouldn't see why the Pro wouldn't.

4. AntnyMikal thread starter macrumors regular

I guess we'll find out soon enough. Hopefully it's more in the range of 50-100, I mean this thing is pushing into the Macbook and MBA territory. Specifically with the pencil/keyboard and AC bundled in.

5. t1tan macrumors newbie

t1tan

The absolute most I'd expect is $50 not that I wouldn't appreciate it, but highly doubt it will happen. You don't even see $100 off until you get to the iMac line.

6. dancefreak macrumors regular

Get a discover card, use Apple Pay, and you'll save 22%. Nothing will beat that. That's $330 off the $1500 total cited.

7. tworth23 macrumors regular

How do you save 22% with discover card

8. Cakefish macrumors 6502

Cakefish

It's usually ~4.5% discount for iPads in the education store.

So, for example, a £799 (not confirmed price) Pro 128GB would end up being ~£765(ish).

9. cbrand493 macrumors 6502

Don't think education carries across to accessories it's only off the device unfortunately.

10. dancefreak macrumors regular

Normal 1% cash back + 10% Apple Pay bonus cash back = 11%. Double cash back first year bonus = 22%.

11. biosci macrumors 6502a

Oh so for new accounts only...

Does Discover offer the same type of purchase protection as AMEX does?

12. dancefreak macrumors regular

Not sure if exactly the same but Discover does offer an extra year of warranty, as well as price, purchase and return protection

13. biosci macrumors 6502a

So do you usually skip Apple Care if paying with Discover? I know a lot of people do so when laying with their AMEX.

14. EdisEdward macrumors 6502

apple care

apple care is a joke. amex and discover, even most free credit cards from your local bank, has extended warranty. no reason to get apple care especially since the premiums have increased

15. Kal-037, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015

Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    I'm hoping since this iPad is so high on the price that Apple allows a $50-$70 student/education discount. If not I won't die, I'll have only enough money for ramon noodles to eat for a couple weeks. ;) j/k

Kal.