iPad Pro display color issue

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by keviig, Apr 8, 2016.

1. keviig macrumors 6502

I got my iPad Pro 32GB Wifi Space Gray a few days ago and i've been noticing it has a very warm display color. Everything white appears yellowish. I tried to take a shot comparing it with my PC monitor (cheap 1080p Acer VA) and it is a whole lot more yellow.

The picture is taken on auto, with no editing done. The difference is bigger in real life. What i did was i googled "white" and loaded up the same white image on both the PC and the iPad. Ignore the TV in the background.

Is this considered within tolerance? I've read forum posts regarding the same issue, but that seemed to be isolated to the 128gb versions. I do have 30 days free return, but no point doing that if i get another iPad looking exactly the same. Also, the volume buttons are mushy and doesn't give that sharp tactile feel that my previous iPad's/iPhones have.

Attached Files:

2. PBP macrumors 6502

PBP

True tone?

Turn this setting off, see if it fixes your problem

[​IMG]

3. keviig thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the tip! But this is the 12.9" ipad, forgot to mention that:p So no True Tone I'm afraid

4. frogger2020 macrumors regular

Check to see if Night Shift is turned off. That will give you a yellow cast as well.

5. keviig thread starter macrumors 6502

It was turned off. But thanks for trying to help!

6. frogger2020 macrumors regular

You may need to speak to the Genius Bar unfortunately.

7. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

The monitor is purple/blue. Seems to be the case in many of the posts comparing one device to another. I think it looks okay but hard to tell from a photo. If not happy when not comparing it, exchange it.

8. keviig thread starter macrumors 6502

No Apple Stores here in Norway hence no Genious Bar sadly... But the retailer i bought it from has a 30 day no questions asked return policy, so i was able to return it and get a new one. The new one looks great! Thanks for all the help everyone!