iPad pro display edges darker?

jamesschmidtke

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
sorry, if this is normal and this is too slight to photograph but does everyone's pros look slightly darker on all four sides of the screen. Is this normal because of the size?

jamesschmidtke

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Thanks, funny I'm a fellow austinite as well. I wonder if it's just us. I've been using a lot of Samsung devices (which have amazing displays) and haven't had an iPad since Air 1, which I loved. But I generally don't see this type of thing anymore, the display is nice but not as eye popping as I imagined

7even

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2008
I'd be ok with all corners a bit dimmer. TVs do the same thing often. Mine just has one corner that's got a dark spot which is driving me crazy (other corners are perfect) so I'll exchange.

jamesschmidtke

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Mine seems to be quite consistent over the entire screen which I think is quite an accomplishment for Apple.

This thing is a lap full for sure.
Yeah the size is just perfect for me, and the weight is good. I'm really happy with these form factor. I'm almost 6'4 so it makes reading propped up on a lap or chest much more eye level for me. It is big, but super useful now

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.