iPad Pro iPad Pro doesn't reach 100% battery charged

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macrumorsuser10, Jan 2, 2016.

1. macrumorsuser10 macrumors 6502

I recently bought an iPad Pro 128 GB with wifi. For some reason, the iPad Pro does not reach 100% battery charged, even if I leave it plugged in overnight. For example, I just woke it up, and it shows 96% right now. The "Hey Siri" function is not enabled.

Is this a software issue, or is there something wrong with my iPad Pro?

2. Johnny365 macrumors regular

Johnny365

try draining battery down to 5% and then fully charge it. Could be an error in the battery report.

3. A.R.E.A.M. macrumors regular

yeah give it a few charge/use/discharge cycles.. maybe one or two.

are you using the cable that came with it? are you using a hub or the apple included power brick?

i use an anker power hub (AC mains powered) and its always at 100% when i take it off shore power.

4. macrumorsuser10 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, I figured it out. It was my fault. My iPad Pro was plugged into a "smart" power strip, where the particular plug was controlled by electricity flowing through a master plug on the strip. My lamp uses the master plug, so when I turned off my lamp at night, the other plugs didn't get any electricity. I solved the problem by plugging the iPad Pro into one of the other "always on" plugs on the power strip. Now it gets 100% charged.