iPad Pro fast Wifi except App Store

Discussion in 'iPad' started by powerbook911, Nov 13, 2015.

1. powerbook911, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015

powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

My pro arrived today and I really like it. It did arrive with multiple scratches on the back so I have to get replacement.

In meantime, I've found the wifi has an odd problem. Speed test app shows my accurate 35mbps, but when I downloaded anything from the App Store, it's a snails pace.

I've done reboot, reset network settings, etc. any ideas?

UPDATE in the middle of the night, after 12+ hours of just the App Store being slow, it has come back normal, for now thanks.

uPDATE and now App Store downloads are crawling again. Even though web and speed test flies. So odd.

2. SocalMark, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015

SocalMark macrumors member

I'm having the same problem taking forever to update all my apps.

3. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Same on my 6S+.
    The App Store and iCloud have become FUBAR since iOS9 launched.

4. powerbook911 thread starter macrumors 68040

powerbook911

It keeps coming and going for me. It just be something with how certain connections route to Apple app servers. When my land high speed suffers, the cellular always works as expected. Furthermore, I have read some state that if you connect through a vpn while suffering the problem, you can restore yourself to normal speeds since the vpn talking to Apple likely won't be suffering the same oddity at the same time. It is a very odd problem and certainly made my opening days worth the pro frustrating.

5. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

i've found app updating uber fast to be honest

6. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

I suspect app updates will be influenced by the end servers and not the device itself. I've not had any issues in the UK updating apps on my pro, has been really fast

7. powerbook911 thread starter macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Yes I think you are right. I think for whatever reason, perhaps Apple maintenance? random certain internet providers in certain areas have these periods when App Store updates are insanely slow. We're talking 15 minutes for 30MB app. The connection is good, it is some kind of difficulty between your particular connection and route to Apple's Store.

The reason I thought it was just the iPad Pro last week was that it began, for me, the day I received it and it was the machine I was trying to install and buy Apps for, my other machines obviously didn't need as many downloads from the App Store.

It's an odd problem that comes and goes, when I searched the net for it, I find people randomly have this issue with no obvious reason behind it. I hope it's over for me as the past week was not fun with it.

8. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

15min for 30 MB..... Damn, never experienced that. I feel your frustration!!

9. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

App updates/downloads are fast for me but every time I launch the App Store I just get a big white screen and it takes forever for the store to load.