iPad Pro iPad Pro for Musicians

Discussion in 'iPad' started by OrdinaryAvgGuy, Jun 12, 2017.

1. OrdinaryAvgGuy macrumors member

Hello all!

My wife and I will be purchasing new iPads for the first time in a long while, to use when gigging. We use everything from proper scores to lead sheets to chord charts, which pretty much forces us to go with the 12.9 form factor. There is still a part of me, though, that is tempted to give the 10.5 a try, as I also carry a 12" rMB (this will serve as the primary personal computer for my wife).

Do any of you have experience with apps (I know forScore, but have also heard good things about OnSong) that are worth using for cataloging and building setlists? How about Bluetooth pedals for page turning?

2. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68020

PBG4 Dude

I know three people who swear by OnSong, and two of them are in my band. Our lead singer uses a Bluetooth pedal to page through lyrics. She has the gig's Setlist pre-entered so she just needs to page down through the gig. Guitar player uses for chords / backup vocals.

Third guy I know does bluegrass jams all the time and has lyrics/ chords for hundreds of songs and he swears by that on his 12.9" iPad. Having older eyes made the 12.9" model a no-brainer to snag.

If you use a mixing board with USB out, get a USB-->Lightning converter and record all your stuff into GarageBand. It's great being able to listen to your performance in the third person (i.e. Not in the moment of playing).

3. Pilotequadeur macrumors newbie

First post on this forum,
    Just to give you another app, iReal Pro. I use it with an IPP 9.7 and It's just perfect for me.
    Enjoy your device :)