iPad Pro + Gaming PC instead of MacBook Air

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BoonSlevin, Mar 23, 2016.

1. BoonSlevin macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I am seeking advice. I recently considered getting rid of my MacBook Air in order to purchase the new iPad Prop 9,7 inches and a Gaming PC. The reason is that for a couple of years now, I have started playing some games (LOL, Minecraft, etc.). I am not a true gamer, I know that, but I can't run any games in full settings on my current MacBook Air so this is why I am considering selling it to purchase a basic gaming PC and an iPad Pro. I was watching the recent keynote and the iPad Pro seems to have more and more Macish features.

However, I am really concerned that
    - I will miss having a Mac computer
    - an iPad Pro won't be enough to compensate for what I do with my MacBook Air (I work in Linguistics Research so there is A LOT of typing and audio management)

I guess I would like to have people's opinion on such a decision, from people who have made the switch and people who haven't.

Thank you!

2. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

Given your occupation (and specific use case), that you seem to enjoy using a Mac, and that your gaming is "lite" (thought, the whole idea of "hardcore gamer" cracks me up ...), this doesn't sound like it makes any sense.

If you want to enjoy the occasional game, without worrying about computer specs, then I'd suggest just picking up a PS4 or XB1. Less hassle, plenty of games, cheaper and fun same-room-multiplayer options.