iPad Pro iPad Pro has desktop or mobile safari?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gagaliya, Nov 13, 2015.

1. gagaliya macrumors 6502

This is the only reason i see to get the ipad pro for me. Always hated the ipad/iphone safari because many websites defaults to their mobile version of the website which in 99% of the case are completely useless.

So if the ipad pro has the desktop version of safari with flash support etc..just like on a macbook or imac, then i am all for getting it.

Can anyone who bought one let me know?

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

None of the iOS devices have flash support, and they never will.

But on iOS 9, you can request the desktop version of a website, even on the regular iPad and iPad mini.

3. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

I haven't had this problem in a long time. Very few websites ever default to their mobile version when I'm on my iPad. As for Flash support, we're better off getting used to not having it.

4. alexh516 macrumors member

Flash support does more harm than good, and 'mobile versions' of sites will be a thing of the past shortly, since all reputable sites are converting, or have already converted to mobile responsive design

5. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Responsive design is the new way things are being done. Non mobile versions of sites are a thing of the past. I always think of people who don't have a responsive site as kind of being messy about their engineering practices and it makes me concerned about their products and professionalism.

6. Sanlitun macrumors 6502

Sanlitun

Is there any way to view webm video? Even Chrome won't do it on the IPP.

7. Serban Suspended

So firefox browser for ios does not support flash?

8. Skika macrumors 68030

I use AVPlayerHD.