Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gagaliya

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2010
This is the only reason i see to get the ipad pro for me. Always hated the ipad/iphone safari because many websites defaults to their mobile version of the website which in 99% of the case are completely useless.

So if the ipad pro has the desktop version of safari with flash support etc..just like on a macbook or imac, then i am all for getting it.

Can anyone who bought one let me know?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
None of the iOS devices have flash support, and they never will.

But on iOS 9, you can request the desktop version of a website, even on the regular iPad and iPad mini.

Reactions: Beachguy

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
This is the only reason i see to get the ipad pro for me. Always hated the ipad/iphone safari because many websites defaults to their mobile version of the website which in 99% of the case are completely useless.

I haven't had this problem in a long time. Very few websites ever default to their mobile version when I'm on my iPad. As for Flash support, we're better off getting used to not having it.

Reactions: Beachguy

alexh516

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2007
Flash support does more harm than good, and 'mobile versions' of sites will be a thing of the past shortly, since all reputable sites are converting, or have already converted to mobile responsive design

Reactions: ZombiePete

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
Responsive design is the new way things are being done. Non mobile versions of sites are a thing of the past. I always think of people who don't have a responsive site as kind of being messy about their engineering practices and it makes me concerned about their products and professionalism.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.