iPad Pro hickups?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Robbiocal, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Robbiocal macrumors newbie

Robbiocal

my iPad Pro is showing weirdness. When I first wake it, it flashes the battery. While I’m reading a newspaper or pages on Safari, a “accessory not supported” dialogue box pops up. I press ok and go on. It’s an irritating interruption. Only happened after OS. 11updates.i reboot my devices regularly. Anyone else having this problem?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Nope. My 10.5 after the latest update is running fine.

3. gobikerider Suspended

gobikerider

Mine was doing weird things and entirely locking up in Safari before iOS 11.2. I do recall the battery level flashing but I wonder if it was simply showing me the level since I hadn’t opened it since unplugging it earlier. Since I restored fresh to iOS 11.2 though the only issues I continue to encounter are some stuttering and YouTube locking up in Safari if I try to scrub a video to much.

4. Robbiocal thread starter macrumors newbie

Robbiocal

--- Post Merged, Mar 12, 2018 ---
    It also locks a bit after I type in my unlock code. The lock screen goes halfway up, the wallpaper pic ad the first app screen appears ad it freezes. I turned it off and restarted twice. How do I do a “restored fresh to iOS 11.2” as you posted?

5. gobikerider Suspended

gobikerider

You need a PC with iTunes connect it and in the dashboard click the restore button

6. Robbiocal thread starter macrumors newbie

Robbiocal

Thanks. My iPad Pro 12.5 is running. iOS 11.2.6
    I’ll fire up my MacBook Pro (2008!) and try this restore, but Doesn’t it take down apps and loose caches?

7. gobikerider Suspended

gobikerider

Yes unless you backup your essentially wiping the iPad and starting anew. The restore fully downloads a fresh copy of iOS to install onto your iPad.

8. Kal-037 macrumors 68000

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    Mine dims a few nits by itself occasionally and I’m about to return it and just wait for June. :/