iPad Pro keyboard BB now

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Xprmntr, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Xprmntr macrumors member

Xprmntr

2. engineerben macrumors regular

engineerben

3. onefish2 macrumors member

onefish2

Thx!! Just grabbed one as well. I really hope I like it better than the Logitech Create. That thing is way to heavy and bulky.

4. Branskins macrumors 65816

5. engineerben macrumors regular

engineerben

I really wanted to like to Create keyboard, but I lifted one at BB and I swear it's heaver than the IPP! Ah, well, I can live without the backlight and specialized keys, I guess...

6. Paulshaqz macrumors 6502a

7. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

Do they charge your credit card when you order or when it's shipped?

8. Xprmntr thread starter macrumors member

Xprmntr

Ur welcome guys! I'm surprised it's still available, must've gotten a huge order...I think they charge ur card when it's shipped

9. thejoshhoward macrumors member

Man, I really wanted to like the Apple keyboard because of how heavy the Create is. But after using both for awhile, I've found the backlit keyboard, special keys and sturdier stand to be invaluable. To each his own!

10. Rtt3rd macrumors member

I tried the IPP keyboard for the past couple of weeks and found that I personally didn't use it as much as I thought I would so returned it last night to BB in Alexandria, VA, so if anyone wants an open box buy price on one it's there.

11. Max Your Macs macrumors member

I also tried to like the Create but like everyone else has said, that thing is just a monstrosity to carry around all the time. I guess if you type 90% of the time then fine, but remember, you have to tote and manage that heft 100% of the time so it wasn't worth it to me. I might try the Apple one at some point and I was ready to buy a few weeks ago but now that I've gotten so used to the larger/better software keyboard I might hold off. I am using the standard Create case which is pretty nice and gives a nice range of angles and typing position. It's still a little heavy but not nearly as bad as the keyboard model and the sturdiness is great.

12. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

FYI. It appeared to me that the order will be in processing state until the current inventory has been exhausted.
    My IFTTT recipe noted "out of stock" and within 10 minutes received I a shipping notice.

When the Pencil was in stock it seemed to deplete quickly and received shipping notification within hours of ordering, also within mintues of IFTTT out of stock notification.

13. merrazu macrumors member

I received mine today and I love it. Also have the Logitech Create and I can actually type faster and better in the ASK. I much prefer the ASK for carrying around as well and it's easier to take off if you don't want to use the keyboard,

14. Cory Bauer macrumors 6502a

Just wanted to say thanks for the heads up. I jumped on this Sunday night and am now enjoying my new smart keyboard! Canceled my Apple order that wasn't going to ship for another 5 weeks. Really love the keyboard, too.

15. RGC1981 macrumors member

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered the keyboard on BB and canceled my apple order that I placed Nov. 30th.

16. Xprmntr thread starter macrumors member

Xprmntr

17. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

This really makes ordering directly from Apple feel like a mistake. Can't believe Best Buy and even local book stores are getting them in before Apple does

18. bharadw macrumors newbie

Smart Keyboard is back in stock with Best Buy

19. wnxgenral macrumors 6502

20. Branskins macrumors 65816

I just wanted to say I am really enjoying my keyboard. It props up perfect on my lap, in my bed, on my desk.

With the smartcover, I am always somewhat concerned it will give out and topple over. Not with the smart keyboard!

21. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I've had a Pro since the day after release.

I finally received the pencil and keyboard on Thursday. I must say, they didn't blow me away.

Both are beautifully engineered and work nicely. However, I realize that I love the Pro as a big iPad, and I don't need it to be more. Now I must decide on returning them or selling them.

The pencil I don't think I'd ever use.

The keyboard works beautifully but I don't need to type enough on the iPad to have the extra weight compared to a Smart Cover. And keeping it on the shelf "just in case" I need to type, wouldn't' be worth it. Oh well, we learn.

22. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

You bought things you didn't need

23. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

24. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

My local Apple Stores both got shipments of the Keyboard last night too. I ended up buying one even though I had convinced myself I wouldn't...such a sucker. ;)

They still have some available for pickup last time I checked.

25. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

Odd. Yesterday... Didn't have any for availability for pickup. But I just checked now.. There's local Apple Stores that have some in stock.