iPad Pro - Logitech Create Lag in Apple Pages

Discussion in 'iPad' started by 3587, Dec 9, 2015.

1. 3587 macrumors 6502a

I updated to the new iOS today... Not sure if this was the case or not before, but there is an extreme lag when using the Logitech Create keyboard for the iPad Pro and Apple's Pages. It was so bad that I had to use the on screen keyboard.

Any ideas as to how to fix this? Seems fine in email and other programs.

2. soulreaver99 macrumors 68020

soulreaver99

I saw on the iMore forums that other people had the same issue with the logitech keyboards but the Apple Smart Keyboard worked fine. Guess you will have to wait for 9.2.1

3. A.R.E.A.M. macrumors regular

There was a thread on this earlier.

I don't see any lag but I peck when I type.

What i do notice now is that the autocorrect is enabled now after the iOS update when prior to this update it was not activated.

4. Wintrmte macrumors regular

Yes!!! I posted this thread about lag with the Logitech CREATE keyboard in iOS 9.2 beta series and also 9.1 for that matter.

Glad I am not the only one. It's SOOOO irritating.

I notice it when I start typing really fast.. It fails to register some keystrokes.. It still happens with autocorrect off, capitalization off, etc. There is something seriously wrong in iOS 9.2 and the smart connected keyboards..

5. 3587 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I searched for it... What is the title of that thread? I can't even use that program due to the lag. I've been keeping an eye on the local Apple Stores to get their keyboard. As I read more and more reviews, the Smart Keyboard seems to be more favored than the Logitech version. Apple will also pay closer attention to their keyboard working with future updates as opposed to Logitech's. Just a thought.

6. modernaccord macrumors 6502a

The lag is an issue on the Create. The ASK doesn't have this issue, is smaller, is lighter, and is more portable. I recommend ASK over Create, but get a sleeve to put the whole contraption into if you're concerned about protecting the back.

7. A.R.E.A.M. macrumors regular

I don't have lag and I use create. So not everyone is experiencing that on the create.

8. iJohnNelson macrumors newbie

iJohnNelson

I'm having the same issue. I'm typing my response on the Logitech Create Keyboard right now and it's frustrating as all hell. I loved this combination prior to the update, now I loathe it and will be using the on-screen keyboard until the Apple Smart Keyboard arrives. By the way, I ordered the ASK when I ordered the iPad Pro and it still won't get here until the week of Christmas.

9. 3587 thread starter macrumors 6502a

10. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

There is a "work around" that helps somewhat. Go to Settings>General>Keyboards>Hardware Keyboard>US International PC.

It seems to help with the lag a bit, I saw this posted on the Apple Discussion Boards.

11. 3587 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, that seemed to make it work a little better... Nice find. Why would Logitech be bothered by this and not Apple's?

12. 3587 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Returned the Logitech... Couldn't handle it anymore. I purchased it back in November, so Apple just gave me a gift card. I got the Apple Smart Keyboard... I've only used it for about an hour and like it MUCH, MUCH better than the Logitech. I'll be keeping this one.

13. Wintrmte macrumors regular

Sadly, I think I'm in the same boat. Your Apple Store had the smart keyboard in stock? Lucky!!

14. 3587 thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, they didn't have it in stock... Ordered it online. Wanted to give it a try to make sure. I ended up liking it a lot more than the Logitech.