Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HALE101

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2018
So I’m typing this on the AMK while on a 6 hour flight. I must say pulling down the tray and working seems perfect. Right now I currently have a passenger in front me leaning his seat almost all the way back. This isn’t a issue cause of the weight distribution of the MK which helps keep the keyboard from rocking back and forth . I have the keyboard portion a good 6 inches off the tray and besides maybe a slight wobble here and there its not ruining the experience at all. I shouldn’t laugh but the row I’m in I have 2 people using a smart folio keyboard for what seems to be a iPad mini and the other gentlemen is rocking a 12.9 smart Folio case which both seem to be having a harder time rearranging it so it stays in place. Battery life wasn’t a issue due electrical sockets by each seat which I did not know about. I did purchase a powerful 160 dollar ac outlet portable charger to use during the duration but kept it charged for my connecting flight. Viewing angels were fantastic and depending if your in a situation where your AMK being slightly off the tray ( Refer back to the weight balance ) you can use any angle comfortably without a passenger in front wobbling the keyboard .

On a side not , at the airport I received many “ what the hell is that ?” Looks. I’m sure not everyone has the inside scoop on every apple accessory. The funny discussion about is this a laptop or not made me have to explain to the security officers that it was not a “”laptop: ”after scanning the bag three times looking confused I told him it was a iPad Pro but was in the MK cover. His response “ well then it’s a laptop then” Guess we solved that debate , gave me a chuckle.

Attachments

• 03DD034A-BF8E-4225-9B76-9ABF4B3FA495.jpeg
    03DD034A-BF8E-4225-9B76-9ABF4B3FA495.jpeg
    327.4 KB · Views: 1,890

HALE101

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2018
Good real life use review. Is the airline keeping passengers well spaced out?
Yes every other seat was unoccupied and of course a mask from the moment u walk into 1 terminal and out the next which drove me crazy but that’s such a small thing to complain about during these difficult times

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.