Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JPizzzle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
Anyone else notice or is annoyed that when you hold the ipad verticaly and utilize the mail app, the side mailbox column covers the current email being read. This only happens in the verticle setting, as the horizontal setting shifts the mail over to the left and makes it still veiwable.

genomez

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2006
I noticed this too, but when you select an email it goes away. I guess it's there just to allow you to see the list of emails.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Anyone else notice or is annoyed that when you hold the ipad verticaly and utilize the mail app, the side mailbox column covers the current email being read. This only happens in the verticle setting, as the horizontal setting shifts the mail over to the left and makes it still veiwable.
Not a bug. This is by design. Same on all iPads.

Reactions: modernaccord

JPizzzle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
I noticed this too, but when you select an email it goes away. I guess it's there just to allow you to see the list of emails.

I get that, but it would look much cleaner if done in the same way as the portrait mode. Oh well

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.