iPad Pro - no stereo on headphones

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ledzepfan1981, Mar 16, 2016.

1. ledzepfan1981, Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2016

ledzepfan1981 macrumors regular

ledzepfan1981

I have recently bought an iPad Pro and all was well until I tried listening to some music!

I previously had an iPad 2 which I had no problems listening to music on using my headphones. I tried listening to some music on my iPad Pro with the same headphones and I can only get sound out of the right ear.

I have checked the headphone cable and that is firmly in place. I then checked the audio balance in Settings and that was set to in the centre.

I have gone on to numerous web sites and nothing has helped.

Please help.

Thank you,

Gareth

2. Cascades42 macrumors 6502

Have you tried plugging the headphones into another device and confirming that the fault is with the iPad not the headphones? If they work with another device then I'd suggest trying other headphones with the iPad Pro to confirm it is the problem, assuming that is the case, then a visit to the Apple Store may well be in order.

3. ledzepfan1981 thread starter macrumors regular

ledzepfan1981

Ok thank you, I will try that. The speakers on the iPad work fine, it's just when I plug in the headphones.

4. Kubaton macrumors member

Kubaton

I just tested mine because I had never used headphones with it before. I get stereo sound from the headphones. Good luck in finding a solution.

5. ledzepfan1981 thread starter macrumors regular

ledzepfan1981

Thank you for that. Hopefully it's the headphones then!

6. Kubaton macrumors member

Kubaton

My pleasure!