iPad Pro...Not all that big

Discussion in 'iPad' started by d28z28, Nov 12, 2015.

1. d28z28 Suspended

d28z28

I just now unboxed mine (2 minutes ago) and my very first thought was "oh, it's not THAT big"...Maybe I've been reading too much here about people being shocked by the size - or maybe this is exactly the size I wanted. At any rate - it's not all "that" big. Just a pretty big iPad.

I still think the Smart Keyboard and Apple Pencil will make it come alive when mine ship. But for now i'm just viewing it as a pretty big iPad. Not shocking sized at all really.

2. d28z28 thread starter Suspended

d28z28

Alright update number 2. It certainly seems bigger as you sit down with it on the couch and start viewing your own content on it. This is EXACTLY the size I wanted it to be.

3. daniel1948 macrumors 6502

daniel1948

When I opened up mine, I said, "Wow! That's huge!"

4. iphone5att64 macrumors 6502

5. SparkFlash macrumors 6502

SparkFlash

Mine didn't begin to be big until I was holding it upright for 20 minutes. That and when I was watching it horizontally and needed to use my fingerprint for something and it seemed so far away.

6. d28z28, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015

d28z28 thread starter Suspended

d28z28

I agree. Sitting on my desk syncing it through iTunes I sat there going "wow it's really not that big at all" - but sitting down on the couch leaned back with it it became a totally different story. The content on it is just huge and so present. It's pretty amazing. Again - exactly the size I was hoping it would be.

7. daniel1948 macrumors 6502

daniel1948

Mine will not sync to iTunes. My ten-year-old iMac stopped accepting OSX updates after 10.6.8, and it's been a while since iTunes would update. But I don't want to buy a new Mac because mine works fine. I don't have many complaints about Apple, but they build hardware that lasts 15 or 20 years, and stop supporting the software after 5 years. So no sync for me. Backup to iCloud, at a buck a month for 50 GB, which should be plenty for a while.

Then, because I was still using an old Apple ID which was not an email address, I had to change the ID for iCloud, and it didn't like it, and I spent about 5 hours in three separate phone calls over the course of two days to Apple support to get it all straightened out.

I will say that Apple phone support is excellent. Wait times were very short, the techs were knowledgeable and friendly, and all spoke clear, unaccented English.