Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

muasachi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2013
Just installed the iOS11 GM and found out that my 10.5" iPad Pro now shows an option for HDR Videos

Although it's not mentioned anywhere on Apple Website about iTunes Store Movies HDR support on iPad.

So, it might only support HDR10 but not with Dolby Vision due to the specs limitation.

IMG_0100.PNG

Last edited:

Sunshoopa

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2011
Cool, but why it it showing the videos icon for you and not the tv app?
Not sure why it’s showing that for him. Edit: never mind! I was super slow in posting this haha.

Here’s a much bigger and clearer picture of it.

https://imgur.com/a/Gfwgj

Gfwgj

Can’t seem to show the full picture on here for some reason? Just says it’s a broken image if I try.

muasachi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2013
Anyone see some movies playing in HDR so far?

I have Lego Movie, X-Men Days of Future Pass, Terminator 5, all are available in 4K UHD Format but not showing HDR on my iPad.
Maybe we might have to wait till next Friday.

Lnds500

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2012
Anyone see some movies playing in HDR so far?

I have Lego Movie, X-Men Days of Future Pass, Terminator 5, all are available in 4K UHD Format but not showing HDR on my iPad.
Maybe we might have to wait till next Friday.

Where are they available in 4K UHD? You mean on BD?

muasachi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2013
Where are they available in 4K UHD? You mean on BD?

Yup my bad.
I meant those titles are out there in 4K UHD Blu Ray.
So it should be available in 4K HDR for iTunes Store on day one also.

Brenster

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Yup my bad.
I meant those titles are out there in 4K UHD Blu Ray.
So it should be available in 4K HDR for iTunes Store on day one also.

I'm someways off of buying a 4K TV as it would mean having to update the AV receiver for 4K passthrough, HDMI & HDCP versions etc. Not going to fly with the Mrs.

I have been toying with upgrading to an iPad Pro with smart keyboard though as a replacement for my late 2011 MBP. Blade Runner Final Cut in 4K & HDR playable on the Pro would be almost irresistible!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.