iPad Pro on 9.3.4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jamisonbaines, Feb 13, 2017.

1. jamisonbaines macrumors regular

i thought I'd take a chance and buy an iPad Pro in the hopes that it would ship with iOS10.x but as it happens it came with 9.3.4.
    So is this kind of a worst case scenario? Can't do the 9.3.3 JB and can no longer upgrade to 10.2?

My iPad mini is jailbroken on 9.3.3, unfortunately it likes to reboot itself while charging and so I seem to have to redo the JB every 10 days. Because of this I have a solid feel for what I gain from jailbreaking and lose going back to stock iOS. There isn't that much I need to make me happy, on iPad it's pretty much springtomize and full force and I'm good but I wanted this iPad Pro to be on iOS 10.

Most likely going to return it, just felt the urge to post and express my frustration. I don't think I have the patience to deal with exchanging and trying to get one with 10.x. It's just sad and ridiculous the hoops we're made to jump through when all I want is some interface customisation and full screen Instagram on my $1000 tablet.

2. Manatlt macrumors 6502a

Yeah you're stuck I'm afraid. You have two options:

Stick with 9.3.4 or upgrade to 10.2.1 (or higher beta versions)

...which none of them are jailbreakable. :(

3. jamisonbaines thread starter macrumors regular

I went to android after the 4S and coming back to a jailbroken 5S felt so good but the hassle is almost too much to accept at this point.