iPad Pro iPad Pro - Open Box at BestBuy

Discussion in 'iPad' started by musicpenguy, Nov 19, 2015.

1. musicpenguy macrumors 6502a

FYI - BestBuy Online already has the iPad Pro as an open box item - looks like an okay discount for those wanting in at a lower price point - looks like $727 is the starting price for the low end models.

2. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

Good find but, I want to point out you can buy them new on macmall and not pay tax and i will be brand new.

Proof:
    iPad Pro 128GB 863.99 Open Box + Tax (in Texas 7%)-924.48

Mac mall iPad Pro 128- 937.00 no tax.

3. musicpenguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh awesome - being in New Hampshire I never think about sales tax since we don't have any

4. BruiserB macrumors 65816

Or if you have a recently opened Discover card and use ApplePay at Best Buy you can get 22% cash back from Discover regardless if it's open box or new. :)

5. mattjohnson78 macrumors member

I found an open box Apple Pencil at a Best Buy. I got so lucky to find it and it was only $85.99.

6. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

For 72 bucks more, I'd buy new in box...

7. OTACORB macrumors 6502a

OTACORB

I returned an iPad Pro to Best Buy and the guy told me they would have it on open box the next day. I returned mine simply because it was just too big for what I was looking to do and I am not really interested in the pencil and keyboard. I think most of the ones that are open box right now that is the case. So, you can save some coins, but as other have said if your area has sales tax that will add to the cost. I recently purchased an Air 2 on Amazon and saved $140 off the device and another $45 in sales tax = $185 savings. No Pro's on Amazon though!

8. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

Ditto. Not worth the potential problems or just the fact you have to deal with someones greasy hands have been all over your "new" premium product.

9. OTACORB macrumors 6502a

OTACORB

A Lysol wipe takes care of someone greasy hands and it comes with the same exactly warranty that a brand new one that has never been opened comes with. Not to mention the likelihood of there being problems is about the same as the brand new one. When returned Best Buy has always asked me if there is anything wrong with it. Unless the person is an ****** and just says no, then chances are pretty slim. The forum is full of reports of people buying brand news ones with issues. So it's all sort of a moot point and really just boils down to personal preference. I'll save the money every time! LOL