iPad Pro poor customer service at Apple Store Perth

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Glenn Mac, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Glenn Mac macrumors newbie

Glenn Mac

Well I got myself a new iPad pro the other week and found I had a faulty headphone socket. I purchased the pro as I fly a lot and wanted a large screen to watch movies on planes. I went into the Apple Store in Perth to get it replaced only to be told that it was going to be 5 business days as its the holiday period. The people at Apple wouldn't talk about. Swapping colours as this would change the model type and would void my warrinty. How dose changing colours of a ipad change your warrinty?
    So problem is 5 business days doesn't make it time for my next flight. Apple makes so much money yet can't replace a new iPad on the spot

Not happy

2. PattyMc macrumors regular

PattyMc

I would have did a return, and then went to another store and repurchased. Sorry that you had a genuine issue and were treated this way, there are people exchanging iPads multiple times...3-6 times and don't get that kind of treatment. Never heard the color story either, what difference would that make, you obviously would be getting another IPad, unless they are doing a repair. That would also make sense with the 5 day thing.

Are you sure they aren't repairing instead of replacement? I think I'd do a return and go to another store!

3. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

In the UK, the return window for Apple Store purchases is two weeks. Is this the case for your stores? If so, you should be able to simply return that device as long as you have all original packaging and you haven't damaged the device. Do this and repurchase a new unit in whatever colour you'd like.

If you are seeking a repair through the Genius Bar, then replacements under warrantee have to be like for like. I'm guessing the 5 day wait is because they need to order in the replacement unit (they can't simply take one from their sellable stock, Genius Bar replacement devices come in seperately as service parts).

4. palpatine macrumors 68040

It doesn't seem like poor customer support. Just bad timing. Everything gets a lot slower this time of year. I had to wait a few days to get a Macbook issue resolved. Normally, I think they would have been able to do it my first visit.

5. Speechless macrumors 6502

Sorry you felt you had such poor experience.

Before I go into any Apple Store with any type of issue, I make sure to call Apple's customer service to make sure no surprises are in store when I arrive. They also set up the appointment and can confirm via email everything you've talked about. Always goes without confusion.

6. cargobrian macrumors member

cargobrian

who uses the headphone jack anymore anyway??? JK

7. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

If they didn't have supply of replacement units they have to ship to Sydney and get a replacement. That's your 5 business days. Replacement units are not retail units, they can't just open a new one up and give it to you.

The replacement has to be the same model down to the colour. Apple's system prevents processing a replacement for anything else, they can only order what the serial number allows for.

None of this is poor service. If it was less than 10 business days or thereabouts you'd have recourse for a remedy from the retailer. If you got it from Apple they would have done that for you so I guess it's out of that window. If it's not, go to your retailer. You can request a refund, replacement or repair however they are not required to give you a replacement just because you ask for one.

8. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

It's sad when Australians sound like us spoiled Americans. ;)

Your iPad is usable without the headphone jack. 5 days? I'd be happy to get a brand new product replacement in 5 days. It's not a phone which would be much more critical in everyday life than an iPad is.

For the flight use a phone with some music or the like.

Apple service bad? Not in this case.

9. Marshall73 macrumors 6502a

Marshall73

Seeing as the iPad pro could only have been purchased during the Christmas holiday returns period they could and SHOULD have just refunded it and sold you the one they had in stock. The store managers are able to do this at their discretion to keep customers happy anyway but you were well within your rights to return it during this period. :)

Holiday returns period is from Nov 7 to Jan 6th

10. Marshall73 macrumors 6502a

Marshall73

Normally you would be correct but as the iPad is still in the Christmas return period he could have returned it and got a new one.