iPad Pro iPad Pro Preorders NOW at MacMall!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jobey, Nov 7, 2015.

1. double329 macrumors 6502

Most tech store starts to list them now, including BestBuy.

2. Dave245 macrumors 601

3. Penguin6 macrumors newbie

Shipping times delayed though. May be quicker to wait for Apple.

4. jobey thread starter macrumors newbie

They say "mid-November". I'm not super-concerned about having it on release day. I saved a bundle by not paying sales tax. That's way more important to me.

5. jobey thread starter macrumors newbie

It is listed at BB.com, but says "coming soon". No option for preorder (yet).

6. ckiggins macrumors 6502

FYI, I ordered from Macmall last night - said it shipped in 9 days, with an expected ship date in my confirmation of November 13-16. Today I got an email that it has been pushed back to December 1-3. I'm going to let it ride and still try to get one from Apple at launch - if I can, I'll cancel this one.

7. jobey thread starter macrumors newbie

I ordered two 128s and two Pencils just before 2am EST. The confirmation email says 11/18-25 for the iPPs and 12/3-10 for the Pencils. No follow-up emails with changes to those dates, so far.

8. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Go get it? Best Buy is 5 minutes from my house. I will not order online from anywhere and have it shipped. Bet lots of folks won't either.

9. jobey thread starter macrumors newbie

I saved $24 total on two iPPs plus $134 in tax by ordering from MacMall. I'm fine with waiting.

10. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I can get it in Delaware and save on tax for the Pro, pencil, and keyboard. I might go ahead and do it, an hour drive but probably worth it.

11. ckiggins macrumors 6502

Got another email this morning and the estimated delivery flipped back to November 16-18.

12. thewired1 macrumors member

I also just preordered from Macmall. The $12 off and no sales tax in my state sealed the deal. I can accept not having it exactly day one for the savings.

13. The Other One macrumors newbie

I preordered a 128GB iPad Pro in Space Gray yesterday. This morning (about 2 AM), I got an email saying the delivery date had been changed to December 3-10.

I'll leave the order as a backup for now, but looks like I'll be trying to preorder through Apple.com in a couple days.

14. Divlysian macrumors member

Got off live chat with a rep and she said this "We just got an update from Apple. They said they should be able to ship the first batch by the end of this week to our Memphis location. We are expecting to start shipping by next week.".

I haven't got an email about my 32GB being delayed so it should be a safe bet since Apple will probably have issues fulfilling preorders if rumors are true

15. ckiggins macrumors 6502

...and another email this morning that flipped the date back to December 1-3 again.

16. Feezer macrumors newbie

I ordered a 128 GB space grey cellular, pencil and smart keyboard from MacMall at 3:30 am on Nov 7. I immediately got 2 emails: a confirmation number from MacMall with status=pending, and a confirmation from Amazon payments for the amount of the order. Unlike other posters here, I got no shipping information at all.

I periodically checked the order number, and all I got was "in progress."

At 1:06 am today, November 10, I finally got a shipment order status from MacMall.

For everything. No shipping date at all.

I'm tempted to just try my luck with Apple.

17. The Other One macrumors newbie

FWIW, I did cancel my MacMall order last night, figuring I'd just take my chances with a preorder from Apple.com or, if necessary, in store. When I called, the rep asked why I wanted to cancel, and I mentioned the email with the December 3-10 shipping date. She replied that they'd gotten further information from Apple and would actually have them in stock on November 15, and would I like to keep the order?

I canceled anyway, but "November 15" is an odd date. It's a Sunday, and as far as I know, there aren't any carriers that typically ship/deliver on Sundays. Plus she was vague about what that would mean for actual delivery to customers... but it sounds like they should be shipping well before December, at the very least.

18. Feezer macrumors newbie

I called right after I read your post, and spoke to "Anna." She gave me the same November 15 information as you received, and said that my order would ship out the following day. She had no explanation about the Sunday delivery to MacMall. However, checking my order number on the website still returns the message "shipping in Mid November." No date anywhere - not in email, and not on the website.

19. beldenben macrumors member

For what it's worth, I got the email about shipping being bumped to Dec. 3 - Dec. 10 as well. That was the last update I received. When I check the MacMall website, it shows my status as 'backordered'. That being said, after my order was completed the confirmation page had a ShopRunner logo and said you could use your ShopRunner membership for free two day shipping. I hadn't seen this offer anywhere prior to this and I have a ShopRunner membership thru American Express. I emailed customer service at MacMall asking whether it was possible to verify this after the fact or if I would have to reorder the iPad. They responded saying they were making a one-time exception and had upgraded my shipping to FedEx two day at no cost, so that's something.

20. Feezer, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015

Feezer macrumors newbie

I have a Shoprunner account also, and, like you, didn't see the logo. When I spoke to "Anna" yesterday, she said that they would not change my shipping to Shoprunner status and that I'd have to cancel and reorder.

You got lucky!

Update: After thinking more about my Shoprunner situation versus your experience, and after noting that my online status order still didn't list a shipping date, I called and cancelled my order. I've now ordered from Apple. So, I didn't save the sales tax, but at least I know when my order will be delivered. Plus, I was not able to add AppleCare to my MacMall order, even though it was listed on the product page. And yes, I know I could call Apple and have it added after I'd received my product, but all in all the MacMall experience just had too many things wrong with it.

I just got the email confirmation of my order cancellation from Amazon Payments. So endeth (I hope) the story.

21. ckiggins macrumors 6502

I ordered from Apple at 3:10am this morning and am picking up in-store today when they open. Canceled my MacMall order this morning. Haven't gotten the confirmation email yet but the order status page does show canceled now.

22. Farrellcollie, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015

Farrellcollie macrumors 6502

I ordered the 128 with cellular last night and today I received an email from Macmall about changing the ship date on both ipad pro and pencil from November to December. Then I checked the website and I have a shipping number track from UPS and it appears to be in transit and is scheduled to be delivered by tomorrow at the end of the day. My status on the iPad pro is shipped but the pencil is still back ordered.

Edited to add:MacMall did not update me with another email until this morning (thursday). UPS says it is out for delivery. I am glad I was too busy to cancel the macmall order now since I would not have been able to get to apple store until today anyway.

23. Feezer, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015

Feezer macrumors newbie

I ordered at 5:30 am on Wednesday - could have picked it up, but couldn't make it to the store at all yesterday, today or tomorrow. So it will be delivered and signed for tomorrow.

Update: Just got an email from Apple that it will be delivered today. Doing an encrypted backup of my Air2 via iTunes right now in anticipation.

24. Farrellcollie macrumors 6502

The one I ordered from Macmall was delivered today at 12:15. Now if only the pencil will arrive....