iPad Pro Replaced with Scratch

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bbqthis, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

Just thought I would share an interesting experience I had yesterday. The display on my iPad Pro became scratched so deep the Pencil would catch on it. It was only about a half inch long but it was definitely deep enough to feel. Anyway, I took it to the Genius Bar expecting to get it replaced for the $50 AppleCare deductible, but when the Genius plugged it all into his iPad mini, it told him that it was to be replaced for free within warranty. Needless to say we were both surprised and I was delighted. I'll definitely treat this replacement like it was the urn of my dead mother's ashes.

2. rews macrumors regular

rews

This post is giving me some hope for my Genius Bar appointment on Wednesday!

It's great that they provided you with a replacement, hope it remains scratch free!

3. Bbqthis thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

The scratch was my own fault anyway. Pulling on bed covers without taking the position of all your electronics first is a dangerous idea.

4. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Leaving my electronics laying on my bed is one of my worst habits; I can't count on one hand how many times I've plopped down onto my bed only to realize that I've dropped my 240lbs self onto my iPhone or, worse, iPad. Fortunately, none of have ever been damaged by my carelessness.

5. Bbqthis thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

Yup, I've definitely gotten more careful after scratching my iPad Pro. I did it when it was only a few weeks old too. I just finally got sick of seeing the rainbow of oil caught in it and feeling the Pencil catch every. Single. Time.