iPad pro resolution

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ftlum, Feb 10, 2016.

1. ftlum macrumors regular

Hi All.

I need to update my iPad (3rd generation) and was wondering how graphics-- specifically internet video-- looks on the pro. Most videos I watch stream at at least 720p. Will these videos still look sharp when blown up to full size on the pro? Or will there be pixelation/ jagged lines.

Also, are there enough apps updated now to fit the pro? It's a somewhat disappointing experience when apps aren't made for a larger screen. I remember the times when the iPhone screens were made bigger but the apps had not been optimized yet. Everything was either a touch blurry or there was unused black space on the screen. Does this happen with the iPad pro? I'm also a bit worried that there's not enough users for developers to bother updating their apps for the pro.

Thanks!

2. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Videos in 720p on the Pro aren't the sharpest but 720p is pretty junk on any high res screen bigger than a phone. 1080p does look pretty good on the Pro. You can also get the option for 1440p if the video uploaded was recorded in high enough res. Which looks amazing on the Pro.

Some apps still haven't been optimized for the Pro yet. But it is just a matter of time until they do. It's only a temporary issue, not permanent.

3. eastamherstbias macrumors 6502

I would just hold out until after the March presentation and see what comes out.