Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattoligy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 15, 2010
Cloud 9
just had a UPS guy pick up my iPad Pro that's being returned for a refund! The guy just took the parcel and promptly walked away from the house at which point I asked if I get a receipt or collection note, he said no with a puzzled look on he's face as he was walking to he's van then he was gone! Short of chasing after him there wasn't much I could do...

Anyways is this normal? It was in Essex UK, near London!

Crazy Badger

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2008
Scotland
Pretty common in the UK these days, what with electronic scanning. If you were really paranoid, you could ask them to scan it into their PDA at your door, but I wouldn't loose any sleep over it ;)

JonnyIreland

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I wouldn't worry about it, I noticed the same thing here in Canada though when I sent back an iPhone 6s.. I took it to a UPS Store for return, he just took the phone package and gave me nothing in return.. I work in shipping/receiving and this raised a huge red flag to me, if that phone doesn't show up with Apple then I have absolutely no proof that I shipped it. So I made the guy give me a receipt, even though he was pissed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.