iPad Pro Return: UPS no collection note! Normal?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mattoligy, Nov 18, 2015.

1. mattoligy macrumors 6502

mattoligy

just had a UPS guy pick up my iPad Pro that's being returned for a refund! The guy just took the parcel and promptly walked away from the house at which point I asked if I get a receipt or collection note, he said no with a puzzled look on he's face as he was walking to he's van then he was gone! Short of chasing after him there wasn't much I could do...

Anyways is this normal? It was in Essex UK, near London!

2. Mystro macrumors 6502

Mystro

Not normal in the USA. I always get a receipt when picked up for Apple returns. Perhaps the driver was looking for a Pro for himself??;)

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

You could have demanded one, I am pretty sure.

4. Crazy Badger macrumors 65816

Crazy Badger

Pretty common in the UK these days, what with electronic scanning. If you were really paranoid, you could ask them to scan it into their PDA at your door, but I wouldn't loose any sleep over it ;)

5. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

I wouldn't worry about it, I noticed the same thing here in Canada though when I sent back an iPhone 6s.. I took it to a UPS Store for return, he just took the phone package and gave me nothing in return.. I work in shipping/receiving and this raised a huge red flag to me, if that phone doesn't show up with Apple then I have absolutely no proof that I shipped it. So I made the guy give me a receipt, even though he was pissed.