iPad Pro Return

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AppleFanBoii, Mar 30, 2016.

1. AppleFanBoii macrumors regular

AppleFanBoii

Hello, just to clarify I do know of the return policy, but I'm just wondering if anyone on here has ever done it before, any help would be appreciated.

Yesterday I bought the 12.9" iPad Pro 32GB. After using it for a few hours, I just find its way to big for my needs plus it was giving me some major headaches. Now I would like to return it because of this, I know Apple have the 14 return policy, Wwill be able to offer me a cash refund?

I got the Smart Cover which is still in the packaging, I have taken the Apple Pencil out and used it but now it's back in the box.

So is it best to head back to my store and return it today? Does it have to be the same store I bought it in? Or can it be another one? (There is one closer to home)

Thanks for the help!

2. Serban Suspended

if you are in the 14 return days, a refund no questions asked is 100% sure
    so since you bought it yesterday, you can use it still one more week easy just to be sure that ipp isn't what you want/need

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Of course, if you don't want or like it, then return it. You can visit any apple store and return, just have the receipt.

4. AppleFanBoii thread starter macrumors regular

AppleFanBoii

I had the receipt emailed to me, will I need to print it out? Or can they check it via my iPhone ?

I bought something else, a car holder for my iPhone, I don't want to return that but I bought them all together... Will that need to go back because it was on the same bill?

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

It can't hurt to have it printed out. The more information you provide the less potential headaches you will have to deal with

No

6. cardfan macrumors 65816

Seriously? Just take back what you want..

7. HiItsMe macrumors 6502

Apple makes it super easy. I've returned a pro and and an Apple sport watch (in exchange for the non sport watch). You just show them the reciept on your phone which they scan and then they check the device and box to be sure everything is there and then issue a full refund. To make it easiest, reset your device to the factory settings before you go and remove any passcode. Any Apple Store should be able to help you.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 30, 2016 ---
    oh and I'd be sure to do it today to avoid tomorrow's release day traffic!

8. dannyar macrumors 6502

This post has to be a troll attempt. A person who owns so many apple products according to his signature, and has been a member here since 2010 and doesn't know a single thing about returning a product back to apple? Is this real life?

9. AppleFanBoii thread starter macrumors regular

AppleFanBoii

Never needed to return an item before :)

10. dannyar macrumors 6502

And ive never needed to perform CPR on anyone but given the amount of public information available im sure if I ever needed to I could figure it out.....

11. AppleFanBoii thread starter macrumors regular

AppleFanBoii

Alright I understand what you're saying haha, but I wanted to know from people who may have done it!

Thanks for all your help anyway everyone!

12. Rafterman macrumors 68000

As far as the cash refund goes, only if you paid in cash. You are returned what you paid in. Though if the cash is over a certain amount, then Apple has to send you a check in the mail. I forgot what that cash return limit is.

13. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

You will not need to print out the receipt. At the Apple store, you will just tell them your email address and they can find the record of the transaction.

14. SuperKerem macrumors 6502a

SuperKerem

Just bring the product. You don't even need to bring a receipt, they can retrieve the receipt from their end.

15. snow755 macrumors 6502a

snow755

I wounder where did OP get his iPad. That the only thing he lifted out if he got it from AT&T or Verizon then he may be out of luck has they have 14 day return

16. temna macrumors 6502a

temna

I had no problem with the pdf in my email. They just scan the barcode on it anyways..

17. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

18. KiwiAdventure macrumors 6502a

Are you for real with these question