Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beernut

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 13, 2016
Has anyone noticed a sort of screen haze & flickering after a few minutes of usage?

After about 20-30 minutes of browsing / video watching / general use, i notice the screen starts to get dull / hazy (for lack of better terms). It's as if you turned the contrast setting way down on a tv.

It's clearly noticeable while watching a video, especially in the black bars area of letter boxed videos. If i turn off the screen and back on, it fixes itself and the blacks are truly black again but will occur again after some use. on top of that, you can see the dull blacks flickering (and moreso when you touch the screen while it's occurring).

I thought at first it was either the auto-brightness setting and/or the new persistent video overlay setting but have tried with a combination of both on and off for those and it still occurs.

I have had ipad 1 and 3 (and a few iphones) and never had this problem with those devices.

beernut

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 13, 2016
just a quick update:

i exchanged for a new one and happy to report the issue does not occur on this new one.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.