iPad Pro iPad Pro screen touch recognition issue

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ed., Dec 12, 2015.

1. ed. macrumors member

Hey everyone, I discovered today while I was sketching that there is a small area on my iPad pro screen where touch recognition is jumpy. I tried to cover the area with a pattern of straight lines and I've discovered that it's a very regular rectangular shape. Before returning it I wanted to ask you if you can reproduce the issue on your iPad Pros, as maybe it's a design issue - some internal component prevents touch recognition only in that particular spot. It's about halfway on the left edge in portrait orientation.
    The problem occurs both in Adobe Sketch and Apple's Notes app while using a simple stylus (still no Pencil for me, boo). I've noticed that if I press the stylus more the problem does not occur, and it doesn't seem to happen if I use my fingers. So it seems like it's a less-receptive area for a smaller point like a stylus (a simple passive wacom pogo), but it's okay for a bigger target like a finger.
    Here's an image of the phenomenon:

Attached Files:

2. inesmo macrumors newbie

inesmo

I have the same problem, in the same spot as you do. And I went to two stores where they had iPPs in display and tried them and they had the same.

I'm now trying to have mine fixed ou replaced by apple.

Did you return yours?

3. ed. thread starter macrumors member

Hey thanks for getting back on this! In the end I did not return mine, for two reasons: the problem was only present with the stylus and not with the fingers, so it was a 'grey area', and then a few days later I've got an apple pencil that seems not to have this problem at all, so for me it's not a problem anymore.

Thanks for testing in the apple store though: I guess that there might be some component in that spot that prevents full sensitivity for smaller touch pointers, and if it's always in the same spot then it must be a design flaw, not a defective unit.

4. Marco123 macrumors 6502a

Same for me, if this is a hardware issue from deign and manufacturing then no exchange is going to fix it.
    I have AC+ on my pro so I'm not going to think anything of it for the future.
    I'm loving my pro too much to just return it.