iPad Pro iPad Pro Smart Case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by AGamble, Nov 21, 2015.

1. AGamble macrumors regular

Hey!

I'm not really a fan of the Smart Cover, any idea if Apple are thinking of realising a Smart Case? My iPad Air Smart Case is perfect.

2. appleboyy macrumors 6502

3. AGamble, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2015

AGamble thread starter macrumors regular

4. munishp macrumors member

munishp

I think that's the Smart Cover. Covers the front but not the rear

5. AGamble thread starter macrumors regular

Shoot, yeah you're right...

Back to square one lol...Anyone know if Apple are planning to release a Smart Case?

6. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

Maybe I'm missing something really obvious here but yes, they do make a Silicone Case.

The case covers the back and the cover does the front. Total cost £114. :eek:

7. AGamble thread starter macrumors regular

The Smart Case is an all in one solution. The Smart Cover is magnetic...Hasn't there been many reports of it scratching iPads?

8. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

Ah I see.

The new two-item solution is supposed to replace that I believe, and screw you out of £40 ish in the process.

The iPad 2 Smart Cover *apparently* scratched the side (it never did on mine) but these days the covers are 100% soft material externally so there's no risk of scratching.

9. AGamble thread starter macrumors regular

Cool, that's good to know! I presume the Smart Cover also allows easy access to the smart connector (I presume it attaches to that side)?

Is the Smart Cover worth the cash or is there better alternatives?

I like Apples offerings as they are minimalistic and retain form factor (albeit hideously expensive).

My Air Smart Case has warn extremely well, after two years it's still as good as new :).

10. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

I've not used third party ones so can't really comment.

Sometimes third parties have them cheaper but probably not for something this new.

The Smart Cover covers the Smart Connector (god these names are cheesy!).

11. Themoth macrumors member

Themoth

Just using the Smart Cover here. I tend to be more of a purist and love these form factor

12. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

Curious, other than price what don't you like about the Apple product?

13. AGamble thread starter macrumors regular

It's not all in one (like the smart case), it's not leather and you can only buy grey or white.

14. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

Yes, I missed those features too. The leather felt thinner and maybe lighter vs. the plastic I purchased for the iPP. But the new front cover does fold into the triangle stand nicely. Lack of colors seems weird.

15. AGamble thread starter macrumors regular

I'm expecting them to release additional colours but I think we're all out of luck on the leather front (the price point of the plastic cover is surely too high to suggest they're also planning a leather version?).

My leather Apple Air Smart Case still looks new after 2 years and cost £65. The plastic iPP equivalent is £115.

16. ke-iron, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015

ke-iron macrumors 6502a

I have the smart case and cover. They both fit really well together, I'm impressed by the quality as usual. Only thing is with the smart case the iPad is a little more slippery than without it, and this is why I'd prefer a leather case. It also looks really nice together when closed. I'm surprised that I haven't seen any pictures or reviews with both products together.

17. Themoth macrumors member

Themoth

I think it's due to no keyboards around. Post a pic

18. ke-iron macrumors 6502a

Sure, here it is. The cover fits perfectly and stays in place nice and secure with strong magnets. I walk with it in my arm like a folio case and it doesn't open or move thanks to the strong magnets. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

19. Themoth macrumors member

Themoth

20. ke-iron macrumors 6502a

Correct. It's the cover and case, I don't have the keyboard yet but I'm sure the fit will be just as good. As soon as I get the keyboard case I could post more pictures.

21. munishp macrumors member

munishp

22. ke-iron, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015

ke-iron macrumors 6502a

Yes it is but the fit is perfect and feel is great. It's a tad bit more slippery in the hand when laying down holding it up, but at the same time it has more grip when it's on a table or desk. It does not slide as easy than it would without the case if you try to move it. This is good for me when I'm in class with my iPad on the desk, and since some of the desks at school have a slight incline, with this case it will not slide.

23. Dave Meadows macrumors 68020

Dave Meadows

I think I'm going to bite my tongue and go for the Apple case and cover. The smart case was my favorite on my air. I'd prefer to buy leather but....

24. ke-iron macrumors 6502a

You won't be disappointed, the fit and quality is top notch. I only wished they offered in leather and different colors like black. How do you not make a black case or cover!?

25. munishp macrumors member

munishp

Do you carry your setup in a normal bag too?