Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ScottM1988

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I have been looking for an iPad Pro case that is similar to the smart case Apple makes which I had for the iPad Air 2.
Not wanting to pay over £100 for the official Smart Cover and silicon case I decided to look elsewhere.
I received one from eBay last week from China which I paid £10 for.
It is an apple black leather lookalike even with the apple logo on the back. If you imagine the smart case for iPad Air 2 but bigger.
Few pictures attached which I hope will help others make a decision.
Overall I am very impressed for the price. Good quality and looks great.

By the way, I'm having to type this on my iPhone as the wife is quite happily playing on my iPad pro and Apple pencil which she moaned at me for buying. Ha ha

Reactions: GrindedDown

GrindedDown

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2009
Las Vegas
I just bought one of those exact same ones in midnight blue and it should be arriving soon. I can't wait to see what it's like because the price was so good.

How is the weight and added bulk of the case? What are your thoughts on using it in portrait mode with the cover folded back (is it uncomfortable/sharp edges)?

ScottM1988

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
There doesn't seem to be too much added weight etc. A slight bit but not too much to make it uncomfortable.
Portrait mode with the cover folded is fine, not as comfortable as a naked iPad but still good.
The edges are just a bit sharp though like you mentioned.
I would highly recommend it for how much it cost.
Sure apples cases will be loads better but in my eyes not £105 better

GrindedDown

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2009
Las Vegas
There doesn't seem to be too much added weight etc. A slight bit but not too much to make it uncomfortable.
Portrait mode with the cover folded is fine, not as comfortable as a naked iPad but still good.
The edges are just a bit sharp though like you mentioned.
I would highly recommend it for how much it cost.
Sure apples cases will be loads better but in my eyes not £105 better

Yeah the prices apple are charging is nothing short of absurd.

Last edited:

ScottM1988

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
Quality is pretty good to be honest and the difference is hardly noticeable. Will be sticking with it for quite a while. Very happy for £10

Nausicaa

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2007
Quality is pretty good to be honest and the difference is hardly noticeable. Will be sticking with it for quite a while. Very happy for £10

Can you link us to the seller you bought from? And provide a pic of the backside?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.