iPad Pro Smart Folio Skins

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by vpr611, Apr 1, 2019.

1. vpr611 macrumors member

vpr611

Has anyone had any luck with a skin to protect the iPad Smart Keyboard Folio? I have noticed that mine has been scuffed up a bit more than I expected. I had looked at the wraps from Slickwraps, but I am somewhat unsure how well they would stick to the folio. Has anyone tried this or something that would help protect the Keyboard Folio?

https://www.slickwraps.com/natural-series-wraps-for-smart-keyboard-folio.html

2. LibbyLA macrumors 6502

I have used similar skins from DecalGirl on my iPP 11 and the keyboard folio. Mine seem to be sticking just fine. I even cut thin strips from some of the excess material to “wrap” the corners of my iPP.

3. CookieMuncher macrumors newbie

CookieMuncher

I have the carbon fibre skin also from slicwraps and its been great. I have it for about 2 weeks now.

Attached Files:

4. Yester5 macrumors regular

Yester5

I use the keyboard skin from iSkinz. Fits perfectly and so far, very durable
    [​IMG]

5. CookieMuncher macrumors newbie

CookieMuncher

Word of warning with Slickwraps skins if you decide to take it off it will leave glue residue and will peal the silicone layer on your keyboard off the base of the case.

I spent 2 hours cleaning the case, but couldn’t remove it all. It also ruined the texture of the case and the clean look.

I have emailed slickwraps about this issue as it has ruined my $200 keyboard folio.

Attached Files:

6. Donnation macrumors demi-god

Donnation

OP this is just my opinion but I’d avoid Slickwraps. Their customer service is absolutely terrible and their skins are garbage. I am in no way affiliated with any other skin company but I’ve dealt with Slickwraps twice. I thought maybe the first time was just a one off bad experience. Sure enough, the second time was just as bad and the product was very poor both times.

7. RedlegsFan macrumors 6502

Instead of getting a wrap for my Apple Smart Keyboard, I am thinking of just going the sticker route. For those who did this as well, what sites did you end up buying your stickers from?

8. pdauser92 macrumors newbie

I had exactly the same experience with the Slickwraps skin.