iPad Pro Smart Keyboard Stiff Space Key?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by TimothyB, Mar 30, 2016.

1. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

Anyone have a 12.9 keyboard, or maybe the 9.7, where some keys, or just the space key, is stiff enough you keep failing to activate it while typing?

The letter keys require almost zero effort, which you want with such low travel keys, but then the space key requires 2-3 times the pressure. I keep failing to move it while typing since I get use to the feeling of the other keys.

To consciously press harder slows things down and or feels uncomfortable.

I'm going to check a store soon, but how's everyone else's experience?

2. Peter K. macrumors 6502a

Peter K.

Mine (12.9) is working fine; equal key pressure required for all keys.

3. JamesGoodman macrumors member

Sounds like it needs to be repaired or replaced. I used one in an Apple Store that was like that and it was definitely in need of repair.

4. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

Mine doesn't feel any stiffer to the touch. I have had a couple of missed spaces, but out of the tens of thousands of words I've typed on it I'm inclined to think that's me. (#yourpressingitwrong :D)

If it's really bad and causing problems though there's likely a fault, they'll replace it easy enough. Assuming it's not just needing to ease off from newness, but I don't recall mine feeling any different when it was new.

5. TimothyB thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I guess it's time to go back to the store a 2nd time :/

I already replaced the actual iPad Pro due to terrible spotlight backlighting. I have the worst luck with buying tech, which I even told the Apple Store employee as I made my purchase. Then here I am replacing 2 of the 3 items. The pencil seems to be working ok.