iPad Pro Smart Keyboard - This device is not supported issues

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Alvi, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

So I've been having a lot of problems with my Smart Keyboard for the past months and now it barely works anymore so I decided to go to the Apple Store and when I showed it to an employee it worked perfectly and there was nothing he could do to help me. That was super annoying because I drove 100 miles to get to the closest Apple Store.

I really love the Smart Keyboard, I can type as fast as I can on any computer and it's much more portable than most alternatives out there but I basically stopped using my iPad because it has no keyboard anymore and I cannot fix it. I'm not sure when I'm going to go to an Apple Store again but this is really frustrating.

2. chrfr macrumors 604

You might just try calling Apple. They're very liberal about replacing these and have an extended warranty on them: https://9to5mac.com/2017/05/08/appl...pair-program-sticking-keys-functional-issues/

3. artfossil, Nov 2, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018

artfossil macrumors 65816

artfossil

The Apple replacement is for three years from purchase. I started out in online chat with Apple and they set up an appointment at my nearest authorized service center (which was Best Buy). Took less than fifteen minutes to have it processed for replacement and got the new keyboard four days later. (This was about ten days ago.)

4. jazz1 macrumors 68000

jazz1

My 10.5 keyboard had intermittent issues and the Apple Store replaced it without actually seeing it not work. Known issues I think. Could you video it when it doesn’t work to show them?