IPad PRO Smart Keyboard users

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cornerexit, Dec 5, 2015.

1. cornerexit macrumors regular

Can you tell me what you are using or plan to use to protect the back of it?

2. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Nothing. I've used iPads with just smart covers since the iPad 2 and rarely have any issues with the back getting damaged, outside of a few incidental scratches here and there. I'm just careful not to put it down on anything without the Smart Cover between it and my iPad, face up or face down.

Frankly, the iPad Pro is heavy enough with the smart keyboard; I don't want to reduce it's portability anymore than that.

3. cornerexit thread starter macrumors regular

That's pretty much what I was thinking. More interested in the keyboard now, knowing that I can fold it up like a traditional Smart case. Had to dig through some videos to figure that out.

A good solution for the back is probably going to be a piece of 3M, Ventureshield, basically clear bra material. I'm anal retentive on scratches because I like to keep Apple stuff mint for resale down the line. I tend to buy then sell the old device.

4. craim16 macrumors newbie

craim16

I picked up the Apple silicone case. The Smart Keyboard and the case do compliment each other well. I tried the Logitech Create and it was waaaay to bulky and heavy. $79 feels like highway robbery though.... I do like the piece of mind that I can set the back of my iPad down on pretty much anything and it won't get scratched up or slide around easily.

5. Flyer0815 macrumors 6502

My wife and I use both the keyboard and the silicone back. I choose the grey silicone and my wife picked white. Surprisingly the white silicone back and smart keyboard compliment each other well, and of course the all grey looks sharp.

Great quality setup, but very overpriced.

6. richCB macrumors newbie

richCB

Anyone in the UK received their back ordered Smart Keyboard yet? My delivery windows opens tomorrow (6th) but I've not heard a word from Apple in weeks.

7. draughn101 macrumors regular

Bestskinsever is $14.00 for just back coverage. It's awesome.