iPad iPad Pro speakers? excited?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Sissyboy, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Sissyboy macrumors regular

Sissyboy

I don't think I've seen anyone mention the new speakes for the Pro.

It's one of the features I am most excited about.

Why no love for the new sound system?

2. prefrontex macrumors member

I plan on bluetoothing it from bed to my bose system when I watch movies on it,
    but yes, it will be a cool feature ; )

3. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

The Apple execs have been talking up the speakers. Looking forward to trying them

4. yegon macrumors 68020

Yes, looking forward to them but I confess I'd forgot about them briefly. I cart my iPad everywhere with me around the house listening to podcasts so the extra oomph will be very much appreciated. Tend to use BT headphones when I'm actually sat down and watching stuff on it, mainly at work.

5. jonstatt1 macrumors regular

It's good to have better speakers but as the HTC One series of phones go to prove, it may be better, give stereo imaging, but you can't create a deep meaningful full range sound with great soundstage on such a device...there simply isn't enough room. You will always get a better sound with headphones!

6. Sissyboy thread starter macrumors regular

Sissyboy

Got my Pro yesterday and these speakers are awesome. What a great improvement.

7. highdefjunkie macrumors 6502

highdefjunkie

8. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

Of course, but this device has much more room than a phablet. The speakers are definitely the best of any mobile device I have used and are good enough for showing youtube videos to a group of people. I wouldn't use them for listening to music or anything unless I was traveling and didn't have any other option (But that is how I use all my mobile devices anyways.)

9. BrettJDeriso macrumors regular

Significant improvement over the previous iPads. I dare say they can go toe to toe with my 15" rMBP, and are louder than the 13" MBA.

That said, I'm curious about the DAC architecture and amp circuitry. This is the first iOS device I've used that can power my reference headphones respectably without an external headphone amp. FLACs (or ALACs if that's your thing) sound SICK on this thing!

10. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

They are better, not brilliant.

I like them, but I wouldn't get overly excited. The entire package of the Pro is better than other iPads.

11. JeffMorse macrumors regular

MUCH improved. They sound really good and are loud.

12. Capt T, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015

Capt T macrumors 6502a

Interesting...just tried my Grados after reading your post. Need to check on head-fi if anyone knows...

13. loveandhavefun macrumors member

loveandhavefun

Yeah, they're real nice and clear. Rich. It has a subwoofer effect too, you can feel the vibrations throughout iPad :) the best all in one system yet.

14. Z3man macrumors 6502a

They are pretty good but not Awesome or Amazing or anything like that, so don't get too excited. But they are very good for a pad or laptop, best i have heard from a pad. Some people are saying they are as good as a set of decent bluetooth speakers, whatever you do don't believe them, if you do you will just end up disappointed.

15. Macalway macrumors 68000

They are rather good. But it's strange how expectations, with, size, pen, speakers, are ******* with peoples minds (to put it bluntly).

No they are not Bose. But they are good for a wafer thin tablet.

16. mikemj23 macrumors 6502

I'm blown away by the speakers. They are awesome. Blasting some live DMB while painting and loving it. No more BT speaker for me!!!!