Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPad Pro speakers

Mr.C

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I'm listening to music from my iTunes library on my iPad Pro 9.7" whilst typing this on my 13" rMBP. The speakers on the rMBP are OK at best but the ones on the iPad Pro 9.7" are far superior to them.

Comment

Mr. Buzzcut

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2011
Ohio
I don't know if I have a defective unit or people are just vastly overstating the iPad pros capabilities.

It's a little better than my iPhone speakers (but not even earth shatteringly so), and it's not better than my 15" MacBook Pro and certainly inferior to my tv soundbar (which can also function as a Bluetooth speaker). 4 speakers means you're less likely to muffle sounds with your hands when holding the device, I'll give it that at least. I just can't see how this level of sound quality would be a driving factor for a purchase :-/

Not tying to be inflammatory, I'm genuinely perplexed.

Yea, it's fine for what it is but folks must be used to terrible sound in general.

Comment

RadioGaGa1984

Suspended
May 23, 2015
I'm finding them vastly improved over previous iPads, especially for movies, music and games. System sounds still sound really low.
That said they are still not going to replace an external bluetooth speaker.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.